Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave bcs
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any pattern to the ship flag colors, or is it random? They don’t seem to conform to the functions of the blue riband, coal, cargo, mail, and passenger markers.

By the way, I LOVE this game. While not as clean and direct in it’s interplayer tension as my other favorite, Concordia , the thematic immersion and artwork is wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Thunarf
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, I would have accepted the leprosy alone; but not leprosy and eroticism together, oh no, for the love of God, erotic leprosy?
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, it has been stated somewhere (presumably in the BGG forums) that there is a connection between colour and which company owned the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Thunarf
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, I would have accepted the leprosy alone; but not leprosy and eroticism together, oh no, for the love of God, erotic leprosy?
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:
Blue = Hapag and Lloyd ships
Black = mainly Cunard
White = mainly White Star
red/green = mixes of other lines
This is where it comes from. For reasons of playability, there had to be a few adjustments, in order to ensure that each decade comes with exactly two steamships per different flag.

From this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27246602#27246602
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave bcs
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.