Democracy under Siege» Forums » Rules

Subject: Impulses when spending Political Points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
and
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Hi,
It is not very clear to me how the impulses for political actions are supposed to work. My current interpretation of the rules is, that you can only do one political action before your impulse ends (after a potential reaction) and it is the next players turn. The only action, which you are allowed to perform multiple times during a single impulse is "Train or Deploy a Coup Cell" (I assume because it is the only action which does not directly compete with other players).

Is this correct as described? For actions like "Claim Control of a Resource" it is not explicitly written that you can do this only once in an impulse, however it seems to me overpowered if you would be allowed to do that.

Greetings,
A.

PS: This was the only major rule that was unclear to us after two plays and we had much fun in our two sessions with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

weird you have such doubt, the rules are clear on page 9:

"When a player begins his impulse, he must declare which Action he will perform and pay the corresponding PP cost.
When the Action is performed and the PP cost is paid, the player can perform a new Action so long as PPs are available."

Also, the extended example of play in the Play Book clearly shows that players can do as many Actions as they wish as long PPs are available, with some exceptions, of course, such as in the case of Fight War/Uprisings Actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.