Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Empty encounter deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Leacy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ive gone a but blind going throught the rule books.

When an encounter pile empties, how do you refill it? I assume you just reduild the deck using the starting encounter cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
Normally after Ecnounters you put the card on the bottom of the enconter deck unless it says: 'Trash')

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leacy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ah right ok, must have missed that in the rules then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
Normally after Ecnounters you put the card on the bottom of the enconter deck unless it says: 'Trash')

I make discard piles and then reshuffle once depleted, otherwise the cards end up coming round in the same order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
HuntersMoon wrote:
goryon wrote:

... otherwise the cards end up coming round in the same order.

Not exactly, when you ADD a card to an encounter deck you shuffle it with the top N cards, being N = no. Players.

See rules: Results>Add

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
HuntersMoon wrote:
goryon wrote:

... otherwise the cards end up coming round in the same order.

Not exactly, when you ADD a card to an encounter deck you shuffle it with the top N cards, being N = no. Players.

See rules: Results>Add

I don't think he was talking about adding cards. He was talking about what to do with cards that were drawn and are now discarded. The question was about whether you put them on the bottom of the deck or a discard pile and reshuffled. The latter is what I do. I too want the shuffled discards to appear in a different order.

And there are way too few shopping and ruin cards in the game. You often do run out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leacy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

The way I've played it since is the starting encounter cards (those with a star) go in to a discard pile to be reshuffled when the pile empties.

Those cards with numbers on get trashed as it makes no sense for those to come up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.