Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am waiting for my physical version to come in the mail I couldn’t resist buying the iOS version currently on sale. So far, every game but one has frozen on me midway. The tutorial also freezes. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Verduzco
United States
Brownsville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this problem, after reinstall ir problem solved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There is one thing that might be a real freeze (try to trash a gift card when you have 4 cards to plant) and several things that people think are game freezes. There is a confirm move button that pulses in the lower right corner whenever you have to finish your move. Sometimes people press the eye symbol to remove some game elements that are covering up something else, but you have to press it again to bring those elements back to finish a move. At the end of a turn you can choose to trash a Bohnus card by dragging it to the top or keep all of them by pressing the X (it should probably be a check) and then you still have to confirm your move. Also people don't realize that sometimes they must harvest a bean field first before they can do anything.

Usually if you see something pulsing it means you probably need to move or press that item.

Re-entering the game menu (setting gear and menu symbol) or restarting the app usually also solves any true freeze issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I will look out for that one as well, but that isn’t what is happening here. I have completed my turn but the ‘confirm move button’ isn’t enabled and there are no possible further moves I can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Does re-installing the app solve the problem? What is your iOS version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinstalling did not help. My game freezes at the end of my turn late in the game in most every game. If I exit the app and start over, reloading the game, it usually lets me retake my turn and continue on but sometimes it still just hangs. This has happened in ever game I had played. I am on iOS 11.2 using an iPad Air 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why this happens. I've only had freezing issues before release. It seems to be an individual device specific problem. I played several more games on a basic 2017 iPad with 11.2 since you posted. I didn't have any problems, and I tried to break a lot of stuff.

Message me your DIGIDICED username and I'll try a casual game with you if that's ok.

There is a 24 hr clock to make a move, but the game requires the other user to remove the other player if time expires. So we'll not remove each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Did you ever have a GameCenter Account? I'm wondering if this issue has anything to do with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also have an iPad Air 2, and have exactly the same problem. I’ve stopped playing the game because it’s so frustrating to waste time getting almost to the end of a game, only to have it freeze up and not be able to continue. This was a major disappointment that I regret buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem has stopped for me. I played through a game with a member of the development team and he was very helpful. I think it had to do with the situation where a card is gifted to you by the AI player and then you trash it. I have not seen the issue return and I just make sure not to trash a gifted card (it doesn't usually make sense for you to be trashing it anyways). Also make sure that you have the most recent version of the app, that might help. Good luck, now that its working properly for me I think its a great adaptation of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Unfortunately, nothing I've tried has worked, and the issue is definitely not related to trashing a gifted card: it happens randomly, usually when the deck is down to 15 or fewer cards. It's too bad; it's a nice little game, but I'm not willing to waste time on it when I know that I most likely won't be able to finish a game. Like I said, I really wish I hadn't bought it, and I'm going to be VERY wary of buying anything from Digidiced again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi Carl, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling this game? I would like to try and work with you to find the reason why it is freezing on you with more details. I want you to be able to enjoy the game, and it also upsets me as well that you're not able to do that. Perhaps we can try playing a live casual/friendly game and see if that solves the problem as it did for Eric. I'm also JamesWolfpacker on the app, so please send me a friend request. I can probably find some time tomorrow or Monday to play a live game with you. What is your username there? Also, what is your time zone? I am Eastern Time Zone. Are you Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I've reinstalled the game several times, and the problem still persists. I appreciate your offer for help, but I'm not sure how playing together will help: I should have specified that I've only played against the AI so far, so I don't know if multiplayer presents the same kind of problems. I should also specify the game doesn't freeze exactly: the program doesn't stop responding, it just enters a state where I can't continue in the game (the button that gives the command to continue simply grays out and doesn't respond). I can still surrender or go back to the menu, but I can't finish the game, because there are no actions that I can take that the program will accept.

My user name is PerfectFaro, and I'm in Mexico City, which is Central time zone. I've got social commitments today (Sunday), but I may be free tomorrow afternoon if you think there's something you can do to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI that is the exact issue I was experiencing and since working with James it hasn’t reoccurred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What exactly did he do that corrected the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We just played a game and it went through to completion without any errors. I just sent you a friend request on the app. We can try a casual game tonight if you're able. On Monday it will have to be in the evening around 7pm your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you'd like, you could start the game with me yourself after accepting the friend request. The clock is a 24 hr timer, but it requires the other player to actually kick the other player. If we both find time we could make moves live as this happens sometimes in a 2p game such as this.

I have silent notifications at night for games and I'd suggest everyone do that in your device (not the game) settings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You will have to accept a friend request on the app so we can try a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've added you, but I still haven't gotten an explanation as to how this will work. I need to understand the mechanism by which playing a multiplayer game will somehow fix a problem with the single player mode against the AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't know either, but if it works, it works. I'll be sending in bug reports of our game to save the state so that the main logic programmers and network programmers can see if anything changes.

If I have to play games against every person who has this issue to fix it, I will do that to make sure we at DIGIDICED have happy customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's the thing: I don't believe in magic. If you don't have a concrete answer as to how playing through a game is helpful, then I don't have any reason to take anything you say seriously. I actually work in software development, and saying "I don't know how it works, but if it does, hey, that's great!" is probably the most unprofessional thing I have ever heard. That is NOT how testing is done, and if that is how your company approaches quality control, then it's no wonder the game has the issues it does. I think I'm done here: I will be requesting a refund from Apple, and I won't be purchasing any more games from DIGIDICED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't believe in magic either, but that's why I'm going through an online game with you or anyone else who wants to in order to find out what the issue could be. If this somehow does fix the issue, then we can look more carefully at why does it do this. This is why I said I will send in bug reports of our game and ask you to do the same. This freeze problem has never appeared for me or any other of the devs or testers and it only seems to happen with iOS.

I also don't do the coding either, what I do is investigate the problem, try some solutions, try to replicate bugs or fixes, report back what the issues are, and then the main coders can fix it. I'm just trying to replicate here. Please just allow me to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James was really helpful and professional when I wrote about my issue. He took the time to do what he could to improve my experience as a customer and I am now enjoying the game on my iPad and I am not experiencing any more frozen games.

Thanks James.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perfect Faro
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, Eric, but I'm not buying it. I've asked repeatedly for a coherent explanation of the mechanism by which the problem was corrected, and all I've gotten from either one of you is, "We played a game together and the problem magically went away." I'm sorry, but as I've said, I don't believe in magic, and if that's the best you can do, then I can't take anything you say seriously. As I mentioned previously, I work in software development, and this is absolutely NOT how you correct problems with coding (or, if this is a recognized bug, and playing through a game in multiplayer somehow corrects the problem in single player mode, then that is a problem that needs to be corrected with an update, NOT by developers playing individual games with randos on the Internet). This is simply NOT how a legitimate, serious company does business. In fact, this whole situation is so bizarre that it's beginning to feel like a scam. I've been in contact with Alexander Ommer of DIGIDICED, and I will be letting him know about this thread, and how it's making his company look like a pack of idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Alexander Ommer already knows about this topic.

My role is to basically investigate and replicate bugs. I don't do the coding so I couldn't tell you exactly what you want to know on why the problem went away. Most of the time, the customer doesn't want to know the details, they just want me to help them and I want to help them.

In playing a game with Eric I wanted to know if he experienced any of the issues that he had in the solo game. If we saw an issue then we could send an in-game bug report from the game which shows the game state and how it got there. I could also describe exactly what happened (like moves made on the screen) to the people that wrote the code so that they have a better idea of what to look for and fix for an update. Eric didn't have any problems during that game and in fact his problems in the solo game also went away. He had also never played any kind of network game prior to us playing a game. I find that to be a highly unusual data point.

What I want to know is: can that data point be replicated? If it can be replicated then I can narrow down the cause of why this bug occurs and the people that fix the bugs can spend less time investigating and more time coding so they can make an update to fix it for everybody. So yes, I'll play games with random customers to replicate data points to be able to help find the source of the problem and to help make customers satisfied until an update can be made to fix the issue.

This situation is like the person who drives their car and feels a problem with it (some type of vibration). The car owner takes it to the shop, and the service desk person drives the car to get an idea of the problem. The service desk person does not find the problem until the car owner drives the car in a specific way and then is able to get the service desk person to feel the vibration in the car. The service desk person then lets the mechanic know that this vibration is probably the belt tensioner starting to wear out or that the tires are causing the vibration. Then the mechanic looks into these 2 issues and says both of these are functioning just fine. The mechanic then checks the tires more closely and finds out that the wheel bearings were wearing out and that was the cause of the vibration.

All I'm asking is for you to try and drive the car with me in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.