Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmb
Lockdown rulebook page 3. SUPPLY CACHE chapter:
When you are on a tile with a supply cache marker you can perform a search challenge action...

How actually the Supply Cache Markers comes to board in the first place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently, you place the Supply Cache marker on those tiles that have a matching Supply Cache symbol on them. If you land on that tile and are not successful on a search challenge, the marker is removed.
Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ddw867 wrote:
Apparently, you place the Supply Cache marker on those tiles that have a matching Supply Cache symbol on them. If you land on that tile and are not successful on a search challenge, the marker is removed.
Hope this helps.

Thank you Dean. There is no such a thing like Supply Cache symbol. There is Storage Crate icon known from base game. Is that what you mean?
So this is the purpose of supply Cache Markers? Make collecting items more difficult?
If so, what happens with the Marker if you succesfully pass search challenge? Does it stay on tile? There are two Markers but there are much more tiles with Storage Crate icon. So you could possibly need much more then two Markers under certain circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
ddw867 wrote:
Hope this helps.

Thank you Dean. There is no such a thing like Supply Cache symbol. There is Storage Crate icon known from base game. Is that what you mean?
So this is the purpose of supply Cache Markers? Make collecting items more difficult?
If so, what happens with the Marker if you succesfully pass search challenge? Does it stay on tile? There are two Markers but there are much more tiles with Storage Crate icon. So you could possibly need much more then two Markers under certain circumstances.

Yeah the rules are not very clear on what to do with the marker. I just place it on the tile with the "storage crate" icon, and then remove it to show that the tile was either successfully searched or not to indicate that it cant be searched again.
I think the designers call the storage crate from the base game "Supply Cache" in the expansion.
I'm just assuming that's the reason for including a marker, players were probably gathering too many items by just continually searching the same tile over and over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dean, in base game, I believe you could search tile with icon just once, when you explored the tile. (Exploring, page 9 of rulebook) This is how I read it.
From this perspective I assumed then the purpose of Marker was to enable players to search on the same tile more then once - as long as you can pass the challenge - and let them to get even more items.

Since I can't figure out how to play it correctly, until I know more, I decided to play this way:
I simply put the Marker on explored tile with icon and leave it there until I fail the challenge by 2 or more. If I have no free Marker to put on the new tile, I don't do that. When I remove the Marker from the tile, I keep it aside untill I explore another tile with the icon. So there will be none, one or two "supply cache" on the board, which could be searched more then once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spencer mung
Canada
flag msg tools
I think the supply cache markers are placed by certain events and when you are on that tile you can do a 4 intelligence action to draw a item. It also stays there until you fail the challenge by 2 or more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Needa fix wrote:
I think the supply cache markers are placed by certain events and when you are on that tile you can do a 4 intelligence action to draw a item. It also stays there until you fail the challenge by 2 or more

Wow, you are right!!!
I went through Lockdown event cards and found two events placing supply cach marker on tile.
I have played this game sooo many times. I can't believe this event has never come up.
Thank you, I can sleep peacefully now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.