3 Posts

Munchkin Marvel 3: Cosmic Chaos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat bonus with multiple affiliations... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith English
msg tools
mbmbmb
So my family just got this expansion and looking through the cards we encountered a disagreement. Some of the cards in this expansion mentions two affiliations in regards to combat bonus by using the word “and”. For example, the Korvak Level 14 villain card says:
“+4 against Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. When he enters combat, apply the effects of the top portal in the door discards.”
So my family is thinking of two possible interpretations.
1) Korvac gets +4 for each affiliation. So if you are using the team-up card, and your affiliations is both Avengers and Guardians then Korvac gets +8 combat bonus. If this is the case, then I believe the wording needs to be changed to “or” instead of “and”.
2) In order for Korvac to get the +4 combat bonus, he needs go up against both affiliations at the same time. So if he goes up against someone that is just Avengers, then Korvac gets no bonus.

Can someone help give their input or clarify ruling of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played it as +4 if the player has either of them. I would play +8 only if the player had both showing. You’re right that “or” is probably more accurate, but that chance of someone have a Team-Up AND both this affiliations is so rare as to make your second interpretation impossible, hence why I play the first interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Rogers
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a ruling from munchkin devs to a perfect analogous question http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=68505

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.