John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what the subject says.

Do the rankings shift on their own as users rank games? Is this an automated process?

For reasons of my own, I've been looking at the 200-247 rankings.

Last Monday, Bruxelles 1893 was #247. Earlier this morning, it was #246. I wish I had taken a screenshot. (Related to this, is there a way to access earlier versions of the rankings?)

Right now, it's back to #247.

From what I can tell, this is because of Gaia Project and Azul shooting up the rankings. Gaia Project I noticed earlier this morning, Azul just now.

Is this due to people opening up the games on Christmas, playing them, then ranking them, leading to new shifts in the rankings? That's my best guess.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The ratings are automatically processed at regular intervals and the rankings will reflect the updated average and geek ratings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
The ratings are automatically processed at regular intervals and the rankings will reflect the updated average and geek ratings.

What are the "regular intervals" (how often)? Is there a way to access previous "intervals" or is that information lost to us mere mortals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trawlerman wrote:
a1bert wrote:

What are the "regular intervals" (how often)? Is there a way to access previous "intervals" or is that information lost to us mere mortals?

I think server 1 rolls a set of D10 (random number), then does some fancy maths, passes that number off to server 2, which then subtracts Aldie's game collection count, which then indicates the ms of the update frequency. If time > than that number, the rankings are updated. If </=, then it waits until 11 AM GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
trawlerman wrote:

Presumably at least once a day. No. Yes, unless you record the information by hand. It's of very limited use, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to watch this sort of thing a lot more, and it was updating the rankings once a day in the wee hours of the morning (BGG time). You can access historical information using BGG XML API2, but you'll need to know how XML works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.