Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gideon Estes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this player get to choose from the 7 buildings revealed at the start or do they simply get the 7th building? Additionally, does versatile design allow for an additional 2 planting spaces also on those buildings that already allow you to plant on them. Does that mean for those buildings it would actually be be 4 spaces for crops? Thanks. Still loving this game. I have played almost 20 games so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret him as drawing an unrevealed building, basically a wild card. Also, following the clarifications in another thread, anything that counts as a building should have two additional slots to plant, even those that already have slots. The only building that is in fact counted as field (and thus would not have the extra slots) is the well-plowed field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In contrast, we interpreted it as saying: Reveal 7 buildings, then Im Ho Tep can choose one of them to build immediately and for free.

I agree with what Josh writes about the planting slots on the buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
In contrast, we interpreted it as saying: Reveal 7 buildings, then Im Ho Tep can choose one of them to build immediately and for free.

This is correct! You get your choice of the 7.

Quote:

Actually, it says "treat buildings as if they had 2 field spots," not "2 additional spots." So that would mean those buildings that already have 2 slots would be unaffected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Estes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:

Actually, it says "treat buildings as if they had 2 field spots," not "2 additional spots." So that would mean those buildings that already have 2 slots would be unaffected.
Ah, good point! I forgot what the exact wording was, but this makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddy Roggenbauer
United States
Brillion
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Gswp wrote:

Quote:

Seth, do you think this actually ends up nerfing Im-Hoe-Tep then? For instance, if an opponent obtains the Carpentry Shed, they have essentially equaled the main power of Im-Hoe-Tep. That player would still have his/her character's ability and Im-Hoe-Tep's, other than getting than random free building at the beginning of the game.

I guess considering I used Im-Hoe-Tep in the game tonight and came in third place out of 3, I know I'm bad, but, now to hear I was still playing him wrong is really disheartening .

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roggie wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
Gswp wrote:

Quote:

Seth, do you think this actually ends up nerfing Im-Hoe-Tep then? For instance, if an opponent obtains the Carpentry Shed, they have essentially equaled the main power of Im-Hoe-Tep. That player would still have his/her character's ability and Im-Hoe-Tep's, other than getting than random free building at the beginning of the game.

I guess considering I used Im-Hoe-Tep in the game tonight and came in third place out of 3, I know I'm bad, but, now to hear I was still playing him wrong is really disheartening .

Thanks!

Yes, that building gives you Im-Hoe-Tep's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.