Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternative use of Command Points (CP) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I tested with a couple of scenarios the following home rule regarding CPs alternative use.

In order to make the game slightly less unpredictable you can save some of the CPs that are gained during the Command Sequence to activate automatically some Clans during the turn (unused CPs are lost at the end of the turn). This use allows the player to gain the upper hand with a specific clan or to escape a dangerous situation.

Let's make an example.

1)During command point determination a 1d6 is rolled and the result is that 4 CPs are gained.

2)During activation chits phase the player use 3 CPs to put three clans into the bowl (A,B and C) saving 1CP to use during the Activation Sequence.

3)At some point during the turn and before drawing the next chit from the bowl a player can decide to spend the remaining point to activate automatically one of the three clans (that he previously put into the bowl) in order to perform the clan phase as specified in par. 8.0.
In case that both players wants to activate one of their clan at the same time, the player's clan that can trace the shortest route in hexes from its position to its Commander goes first (max 14 hexes from the commander). If he cannot trace a route because enemy cut off its supply line the player cannot use CP in this way. In case of a tie in hexes among the two players a roll of a 1d6 is used to determine who goes first.

This home rule may simulates the fact that the leader of a particular clan takes the initiative, in accordance with his commander, because by doing so he could gain some momentum or to escape a dangerous situation (for instance the clan is encircled).

Any thoughts on this?

thanks
Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you spend some CPs to activate, then it is not an initiative of the Clan's leader but an order of the So Taisho. The initiative phase deals with Clan's Leader reaction to the situation.

This is of course a good way to lessen the chaos of the chit drawing. I could suggest that the player should write to which specific Clan this applies (only one per CP). This seems to me to be very powerful in some situation.

If you try it in a play, please tell me how it goes !

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK I see the contradiction in my proposal. now It is clear to me the reason why there is an Initiative phase.
I'll try your suggestion to see whether this may result in the game disruption or not.

tks

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.