Photosynthesis» Forums » General

Subject: Photosynthesis discontinued? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René De la Garza
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, i was trying to check out the game's page inside Blue Orange's website (http://www.blueorangegames.com/index.php/games/photosynthesi...) and there's a message that reads: "Sorry this game has been discontinued. Click here to see our entire collection!".

Does anyone know if this means it won't get reprinted or what happened to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jasper
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renedelagza wrote:
Hello, i was trying to check out the game's page inside Blue Orange's website (http://www.blueorangegames.com/index.php/games/photosynthesi...) and there's a message that reads: "Sorry this game has been discontinued. Click here to see our entire collection!".

Does anyone know if this means it won't get reprinted or what happened to the game?

I just searched all over the site & I can't find it. Better grab a copy quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Whoa. That's odd. Either there is an interesting story behind what is going on...or it's a web site hack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Guesses:

Some weird distribution rights thing.

Asmodee bought the game.

Website Error/redesign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game seems way too popular and well done to be discontinued.

I'm sure this is temporary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Hinds
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Odd. Was planning to buy a copy...sooo I just went ahead and bought one off Amazon just in case. Not worth the risk of having to pay $$$ for it a few weeks from now if it turns up true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
...someone listing the game on the BGG Marketplace at $100+ because it's "OOP" in 3... 2... 1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Goodall
United States
West Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to spend some Amazon gift card money on it today, but all the sellers on Amazon are saying that it's back ordered. It's apparently due by the end of the month, but I suspect there's a good chance it won't be available.

On the other hand, Cool Stuff has "20+" copies available, so we ordered it there, just to be safe.

Maybe the game is just totally sold out, though it's odd that they have it "discontinued" on the web site if it's just sold out. You'd think they'd keep it there to advertise when a second printing (if any) appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody panic!! Photosynthesis is new hotness, so if Blue Orange games have indeed rapidly sold out of the first print run, and if they like to make money, they will definitely reprint it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
Nobody panic!! Photosynthesis is new hotness, so if Blue Orange games have indeed rapidly sold out of the first print run, and if they like to make money, they will definitely reprint it!

Yes, but the issue is it says discontinued on their website. That usually implies there won’t be any more print runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also not listed on their website page showing their games. But they did post a video on their fb page 4 days ago for photosynthesis....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Morris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is still listed on their EU site.

http://www.blueorangegames.eu/pf/photosynthesis/

maybe it is distribution rights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Dean
United States
Butler
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a comment to a visitor post on their Facebook page, it’s just a website error.

Quote:
Hello, so sorry for the confusion. Photosynthesis is not discontinued and we are working on fixing the issue on our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
errorlesss wrote:
According to a comment to a visitor post on their Facebook page, it’s just a website error.

Quote:
Hello, so sorry for the confusion. Photosynthesis is not discontinued and we are working on fixing the issue on our website.

Heh. Great way to give sales a temporary boost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Sexton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any rumors heard about the game being out of stock or bought by another company are untrue, and most likely the result of a website glitch that took the Photosynthesis page down for a few hours. The game is in stock in our warehouse, as well as in stores across the country.

January5th by @blueorangegames via twitter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good! This game will be in the SdJ next year, mark my words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.