Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin ONeill
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I may be dense here, but I have a question specifically regarding when the Croats go into revolt. I get the first part of it (I get -1 DRM for rolls against that front in my offensives), but how does the second part work? The part that says -1 DRM on Advance Attempts? I am not understanding what that actually means. Any clarification would be appreciated!

Loving the game, though, thus far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SumerNivek wrote:
I may be dense here, but I have a question specifically regarding when the Croats go into revolt. I get the first part of it (I get -1 DRM for rolls against that front in my offensives), but how does the second part work? The part that says -1 DRM on Advance Attempts? I am not understanding what that actually means.

When the card says that a front advances, the front normally automatically advances... But remember that this is not necessarily true: sometimes the front must successfully pass a die roll in order to advance. E.g. see [7.4] Bulgarian Trench Line.

[8.3.2] Military Effects of Revolt explicitly notes that Croat Revolt gives -1 DRM on all Italian or Balkan Advance attempts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The part about a -1 DRM on all Italian or Balkan Advance attempts applies when the Italians are trying to cross the Isonzo River (rule 7.5), or when the Bulgarian Trench line is in play (rule 7.4).

Whoops... ninja'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin ONeill
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you! I think I got it now. I was having the Italians advance automatically over the river without rolling for them. But this makes sense. And then for the Balkan Front, if both the Croat Revolt in effect along with the Bulgarian Trenches, would the Balkan Front get, cumulatively, a -2 to try and advance?

So, just visualizing it, even though the Croatians are hampering me, they are also, apparently, hampering the Italians and the Balkans as well as they try to move towards Vienna.

EDIT: And Merry Christmas to both of you! (Actually getting some time to play board games today, so that is why the question arose)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

SumerNivek wrote:
And then for the Balkan Front, if both the Croat Revolt in effect along with the Bulgarian Trenches, would the Balkan Front get, cumulatively, a -2 to try and advance?

No.

When the Croats are in revolt, Rule 8.3.2 does only imposes a -1 DRM on all Italian or Balkan Advance attempts. Also, the use of the word, "all" is a little misleading here, for this -1 DRM only applies in a very narrow situation, as described in Rule 7.4:

Per rule 7.4, the -1 DRM for the Balkan front advance only applies when all three of these conditions are true:
- The Bulgarian Trench Lines are in play
- The Croats are in revolt
- The Balkan front marker is at Salonika, trying to advance to Veles

So each time (or IOW, for "all" the attempts which) the above conditions are true, then the -1DRM (and only a -1) is in effect when making an Advance attempt.

If there are other "Advance attempt" situations in which the -1 DRM for the Croats being in Revolt, would apply, then I'm not aware of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.