Popular Tags: [View All]
John Curran
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the rulebook there is a picture of the 2-player board, and under the 2nd player space there is a horizontal blockade icon covering the reuse symbols. The rules say I can put a worker there, but presumably it cannot be re-used?

On my board, there is a vertical blockade marker in the same location but it also blocks the place where you could put a worker to claim 2nd place turn order.

So does the text of the rules count, the image in the rules count, or is it the board as printed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
I have not open my box, but normally, it's the rulebook which is the guide to the game.

Are there some players here to confirm OR deny my words??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the horizontal blockade in the picture and the vertical blockade on the board are meant to say the same thing--that the player who takes second place in turn order is not allowed to re-use his or her worker. In a four-player game, the "re-use this worker" option is available to both the first and second players only (see rules, "The Workers on the Turn Order Action Spaces Can Be Used Again," p. 15). In a two-player game, however, only the first player receives this benefit, which is why the icon for this bonus action underneath the second-player space is blockaded on the two-player side of the board. Further, in a two-player game, players are allowed to place workers underneath their current turn-order place (p. 21)--thereby creating a contest for first-player privilege each round--whereas this is not permitted in the three- and four-player games (p. 14 vs. p. 21).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is that after everybody played, the player on the turn order track can be reused.
When playing at two player taking the second spot makes no sense, you are sure to be second in the worst case! So the whole area should be under blockade and if it is not I do not see any possible situation where you would want to take this spot anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.