Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm finally getting around to trying Nina & Pinta, but before I started, I had a couple of questions:

1. Reduce - If I understand correctly, players may share a land. However, if, at the end of a player's Sail and Populate phase, a land exceeds its population capacity, it is the current player (i.e. the one who arrived last) who must remove pieces until the land is compliant. Is that correct? So, unless you Attack, you cannot Consolidate, and somehow force out the opponent, right?

2. In this thread, Some clarifications, please, question 3 begins by stating:

"Bonus benefits only count in a solo game, and even then only for Planck, that seems to be clear."

It is answered with a "correct". But this is not true, right? Bonus benefits can be used in a multiplayer game. The Bonus Benefit modifications are only for Planck. Do I have that correct?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Long time has passed since your questions, but just in case:

Quote:
1. Reduce - If I understand correctly, players may share a land. However, if, at the end of a player's Sail and Populate phase, a land exceeds its population capacity, it is the current player (i.e. the one who arrived last) who must remove pieces until the land is compliant. Is that correct? So, unless you Attack, you cannot Consolidate, and somehow force out the opponent, right?

That's how I understand it too, and I think it's correct, considering this section in the rulebook:

Quote:
If the number of settlements exceeds the population
capacity, the player must remove a number of their
Settlers until the population capacity is satisfied. A
player may not remove Towns and Cities, or Settlers
in a Stronghold or belonging to another player.

Quote:
2. In this thread, Some clarifications, please, question 3 begins by stating:

"Bonus benefits only count in a solo game, and even then only for Planck, that seems to be clear."

It is answered with a "correct". But this is not true, right? Bonus benefits can be used in a multiplayer game. The Bonus Benefit modifications are only for Planck. Do I have that correct?

I'm sure he meant to say "only count as points at the end of the game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.