Subject: 2 silver and 1 gold enough to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got three boxes of "Heroes and Treasures" shipped to me. Inside are 2 silver and 1 gold. I've heard these money units are very important and should have been in the base set. Is this going to be enough to play a decent game?

If not, would anyone out there consider sending me some of their unneeded silver/gold? I live overseas and am leaving the States next week. This is my big chance to stock up for another year of gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better to get blank blocks and make your own extras. No one has "unneeded" treasure blocks.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...how many would I need? What color blocks are they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I haven't played the game yet. What are the pictures? Do I need different color blocks for the money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the treasure blocks are supposed to match your army color. That way, the enemy doesn't know which blocks are units, and which are capturable gold/silver.

Print the above strips on some Avery labels, cut them and stick them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaaat? Kidding me? You're supposed to have them in different colors for each currency unit? How were you ever supposed to play the game, then? Sheesh, what did I get myself into? I thought a fantasy wargame was going to be cool.

Sigh. How many do I need of each color to play effectively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmbmb
I think the idea is to customize your armies, so that maybe draculas are working for the dwarfs and the mermaids have a lot of gold, etc. The company sells big bags of blocks. It would make as much sense to do retain at least a block of each faction for gold. I think there is a lot of discussion about scenarios on BGG you can read over to get an idea of what is popular and fun as far as recruitment lists.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1149686/which-block-color-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jumbit wrote:
Whaaat? Kidding me? You're supposed to have them in different colors for each currency unit? How were you ever supposed to play the game, then? Sheesh, what did I get myself into? I thought a fantasy wargame was going to be cool.

Sigh. How many do I need of each color to play effectively?

You CAN play effectively xeven if you don't gave any treasure blocks, just MORE effectively. One of the easy way mental traps one can fall into in a block game -- especially the buikdable/cusomizable games like Wizard Kings, Victory, Victory at War, Ancient Kings, Julius Caesar, etc, is to get tunnel vision about which blocks you need. Options are a good thing, but there are many ways to skin any particular cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think both Victory and some older WK rules allow you to add steps to units even outside of cities as long as they have an open supplyline to one. Might make sense as a house rule if you do not have enough gold/silver blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.