Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the title says it all. I have an opportunity to order some games from Amazon.co.uk without the exorbitant shipping prices to poor old Serbia, but there seem to be no discounts worth mentioning. A Christmas discount of 10% is simply ridiculous. UK gamers, is this the norm, or is it possible that I'll have better luck next year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I've ever looked on Christmas Day, but on Black Friday weekend I got Pandemic Legacy for £39.99

So definitely some good discounts to be had some of the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon UK is generally not that competitive on board game prices. They have the very occasional good deal but those are sometimes gone before I see them. I got Forbidden Stars last year for £49.99, but that's not the norm.

Magic the Gathering Planeswalkers is on a good price at the mo, though that it not just at amazon.

War of the Ring is a reasonable price (£60-ish): https://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Ring-2nd-Board-Game/dp/19033851...

Risk: Star Wars Black Series (£20-ish) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015FT5S8O?tag=article-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I appreciate your help!

I tried on Black Friday, but as a heavy euro gamer I found nothing of interest. Some games have even gone up in price. Disappointed to say the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
mb
I managed to snag Star Wars: Imperial Assault for £38 about two weeks ago. It's already shipped and should be arriving sometime this week. There was a post here on BGG and I managed to get a copy before they increased the price back up to £90 something the very next day. I guess you just have to wait and see if you can catch a deal like that. You may want to try other websites like fantasywelt.de, amazon.de or maybe other UK sites. If you do a quick search on BGG you should be able to find a full list of every decent OLGS in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon UK is somewhere I hardly ever order games from - we have a good number of OLGS that are much better.

Sales are also not such a big thing here as say the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I reckon Amazon is not exactly people's go-to choice when it comes to buying board games. Unfortunately, my choice is limited to Amazon.co.uk, otherwise I'd have to pay shipping to Serbia and import duty, which would not only negate any savings I would have had made, but I'd end up paying more.

Anyhow, it's not as if I was planning on making some particular purchase, but, you know, were they perchance to cut Tzolkin's price in half, I wouldn't be particularly distressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
I am constantly amazed at how well some foreign nationals speak/write English. You write like a native. Better in some respects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infectedeggs wrote:
I am constantly amazed at how well some foreign nationals speak/write English. You write like a native. Better in some respects.

You're very kind to say so. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RICHARD PARKER
United Kingdom
Barnsley
SOUTH YORKSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought King of Tokyo about 3 years ago, that was the last good deal I saw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Amazon (and indeed pretty much any other on-line store) is shit unless you are American. We don't get to buy the top games for the price of a sandwich. If you're lucky, you will be able to buy Catan for £5 less than MSRP. Sorry.

If you're really lucky, you'll get to not buy Catan at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.