Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Rusch
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late to the game playing AVD - sadly it's been sitting on my shelf for a year. I'm playing a few solitaire rounds in preparation for a ftf game next week.

I want to make sure I'm correctly calculating the number of possible command chits for the Germans in turn one. The turn 1 box on the map indicates 4 Command for the Germans. Per case 3.7 I'm assuming these are the initial number of chits selected for the cup (3) plus the mandatory 3rd Pz Gr which is set aside. There are at least two additional command chits which can be added to the cup with the German 9th Army reinforcements arriving in turn 1 (case 11.1.2) and if a command chit is purchased as a part of the Minsk Pocket (rule 14.0). This would give the Germans a potential total of six command chits plus the special combat activation of the 2nd Pz Gr at the beginning of turn 1. Is this tally of German command chits correct?

Assuming the calculation above is correct the same would hold true with the Soviets where two command chits are added to the cup at the beginning of the turn per case 3.6. Then a third command chit is added - Timoshenko - when the reinforcement chit is pulled and after Timoshenko's initial activation. A fourth command chit could be purchased if the Soviet player wanted to expend all three reinforcement points purchasing a HQ and the corresponding command chit per case 11.1. Is this tally of Soviet command chits correct?

Assuming both are correct, then the turn boxes list the number of command chits each side starts with in the cup at the beginning of a turn, but this number can go up based upon purchases and specific cases in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Spetz

Tampa Bay Area -Pinellas County
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a nutshell, yes, yes & yes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.