Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lindberg
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got the game and haven't played it, but I'm confused about the rules. With 4 humans, as soon as a hatch is damaged there aren't enough hatches to go around. Does that mean a human can't escape so the aliens win no matter what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
i think if any human escapes, they win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Randi
Italy
Lecco
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Humans don't win as a team, everyone is trying to escape on his own and only those who manage to abandon the spaceship win.
If you get a broken pod, you better run to another one, hoping no human is going the same direction or that he gets killed... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's every man for himself!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lindberg
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking more about the aliens than the humans. Aliens win if the last human on the ship doesn't escape.

With 4 green and 1 red escape pod cards, you have an 80% chance that one of the pods will break if humans make it to all 4 pods. If no humans are eaten and a pod breaks then humans outnumber functioning pods and a human is going to get screwed so the aliens will automatically win.

It just seems wrong for there to be a strategy where the aliens will win 4 out of 5 games as long as they don't kill anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.