Hide
8 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Encounter card which rewards companion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter North
msg tools
Hi. One of the initial encounter cards gives me the option to "ask the stranger to join you". The result of making that choice is that I draw asset cards until I reveal a companion and take it if I meet the requirements. I did that, and I didn't meet the requirements so discarded it with the others I'd drawn before it. All fine so far, but do I then continue with the other results of the decision? I thought so, but one of them is "become idolised", which doesn't sound right if the companion doesn't want to join me? Do it anyway, don't do only that result or don't do any of the "results"? (first solo game, second round)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all results in order, you would become idolized in this case even though the follower didn't totally agree with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
You probably become idolized for merely not shooting them in the back like some villain, not as a result of them joining you.
Unlike failed tests and lost fights, not drawing a joinable companion here is not defined as a failure that aborts resolution of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a nice event since it also permits you to cycle the deck quicker than usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter North
msg tools
Thanks for all the replies. After a couple of playthroughs it makes sense to still be idolised. The idolised trait doesn't give as much of an advantage as I thought it might before playing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dafyddpryce wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. After a couple of playthroughs it makes sense to still be idolised. The idolised trait doesn't give as much of an advantage as I thought it might before playing more.

It will be used in some encounters choices, but both good/evil traits have their advantage and consequences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t understand encounter cards that say ‘any companion’. If I Quest at that encounter where do I get/draw any companion from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alamb1101 wrote:
I don’t understand encounter cards that say ‘any companion’. If I Quest at that encounter where do I get/draw any companion from?

If you have a companion, you can choose the encounter/quest option having « any companion » as requisite. It also means that you had previously drawed or recruited a companion (in a shopping sequence, as a loot, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.