Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mud Golem says to exile four dice at the start of each round.

Are these dice exiled from your character's available dice based on their stats and items? If so, this is BRUTAL, and I don't see how this monster can be beaten.

Or, are they exiled from the general dice pool of extra available dice?

If the latter, what purpose does this penalty serve? You don't use those dice. Well, I take that back. I guess all the skills and such that give you extra dice come from the general pool. So, the longer the battle draws on, the less dice you have available that you can add as extras?

I just hope the four exiled dice don't come from your character's set dice pool. That would be horrendously difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're exiled from the pool. So as the battle draws on, your maximum dice drops - and if you have 7 STR and there are only 5 STR dice, you only roll 5 - the excess would be list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! That is what I was hoping for. So, any time a die is exiled for any reason, it is removed from the general pool then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Li
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Same question here.

And...When I'm forced to exile a die(for example: spending time during a boss fight), can I choose which kind of dice to exile?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jungleee wrote:
Same question here.

And...When I'm forced to exile a die(for example: spending time during a boss fight), can I choose which kind of dice to exile?

Thank you!

Yes, you can choose which type if it just says to "exile a die".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh.

Lol.

We exiled them from our characters’ pool (not the supply).
We just managed to kill it in two turns. We couldn’t have gone a third round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well played! I got annihilated by the mud golem.

It is much tougher to heal in this new game than the previous one. You no longer have the ability to heal two or three points of damage with one potion. Only one point per heal. I have just played the one game so far, but unless I'm missing something it's going to be VERY tough to heal up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each potion cube (except the first) is worth 2 points of healing. 1 when you get it, 1 when you spend it. Combined with getting an additional effect, that should work out better in most cases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Pauwels
United States
Grand Rapids
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Each potion cube (except the first) is worth 2 points of healing. 1 when you get it, 1 when you spend it. Combined with getting an additional effect, that should work out better in most cases!

That's nice to know. The reference sheet doesn't make that very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It says "Heal [Heart] or [Poison] any time a [potion] effect is used or a [potion] is gained."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Migs
United States
Roanoke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmb
During the encounter, are the dice that are used for abilities stuck on the character sheet/ability cards when used or do they go back to the supply for the sake of being available to roll due to limited dice due to exiling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice that are spent for a skill are immediately returned to the geneal supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burk
msg tools
I just received forest of shadows,the adventure guide says we have player pool and general supply,i am still confused,are the dice removed from general supply or player pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
General supply is the pile of 30 dice.

You roll some dice for an encounter, those dice after being rolled exist in your dice pool.

If you want to use a skill, you discard dice from the dice pool.

If you want to cover a box, you move dice from the dice pool to the box.

If dice are exiled, they are removed from the general supply and placed somewhere (the game box is a good spot) for the remainder of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burk
msg tools
So when the mud golem says exile 4 dice I can exile any dice from general pool including the black dice? Thanks for the fast response btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a situation where I battled the Mud Golem for 3 turns with the Warden, and had to exile additional dice to keep myself afloat with her skills. (P/S: On boss fights, spending time = exiling dice)

On the 3rd round, I had literally used up all the available dice in the general supply, with only a few unused/useless dice in my dice pool, dealt enough damage to the Mud Golem, and YET was still looking at one incoming damage that would've killed me.

Question: Could I use the Warden's Methodical skill (Spend time, & prevent 1 damage) by exiling one of the dice in my dice pool? Or can exiled dice only come from the general supply?

The answer to this question would dictate whether I've won by, thematically, expending all my potential strength with the skin of my teeth, or losing by succumbing to the golem's final strike 1st, before the it itself crumbles to dust. Either way, I'm satisfied :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
genesyx wrote:
Just had a situation where I battled the Mud Golem for 3 turns with the Warden, and had to exile additional dice to keep myself afloat with her skills. (P/S: On boss fights, spending time = exiling dice)

On the 3rd round, I had literally used up all the available dice in the general supply, with only a few unused/useless dice in my dice pool, dealt enough damage to the Mud Golem, and YET was still looking at one incoming damage that would've killed me.

Question: Could I use the Warden's Methodical skill (Spend time, & prevent 1 damage) by exiling one of the dice in my dice pool? Or can exiled dice only come from the general supply?

The answer to this question would dictate whether I've won by, thematically, expending all my potential strength with the skin of my teeth, or losing by succumbing to the golem's final strike 1st, before the it itself crumbles to dust. Either way, I'm satisfied

The Warden's Methodical skill specifically says "In a boss fight, only prevent 1 damage". So yes, you could use the skill against the boss, and it would not have taken any dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chang
msg tools
angelkurisu wrote:
They're exiled from the pool. So as the battle draws on, your maximum dice drops - and if you have 7 STR and there are only 5 STR dice, you only roll 5 - the excess would be list.

They're exiled from the supply pool ? or exiled from the hero's dice pool ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Mason
Scotland
flag msg tools
Oh wow - I just got this game three days ago and was wondering why I could never beat the Mud Dungeon boss monster!

I was exiling 4 dice from my character's pool each round, leaving myself with just a few dice by round 3 and no way to cover enough boxes to prevent 4 or 5 damage!

Thanks for clarifying - glad I found this thread in the forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.