mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
Ok...

Where do I place my characters?
2 players:
Martial (primary) Devotion (secondary)
Deception (primary) Arcane (secondary)

Both into the Castle Prison?

Yes, they will both start in the castle prison.

You have to defeat everything in the Prison (including the Prison) before being able to jump over to the Cursed Ground.

You must defeat the Cursed Ground to end the Scene.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems pretty easy then...

Defeat the Prison... wait to defeat the enemies, then go into the location...

Works for me!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
That seems pretty easy then...

Defeat the Prison... wait to defeat the enemies, then go into the location...

Works for me!!

It hurts if you get split, especially w/ 2p.

However, remember you cannot move until *everything* is dead. That means you may get delayed a round when you do the move.

Good luck in there. Don't forget to check for the Portal at the beginning of every turn in Scene 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, we're martial and devotion, so this one is absolutely destroying us since we're forced to be separated right from the start. not sure how we can beat this thing. almost seems like i've got to roll a new character and level it up so that we can both start in the same location.

this does feel like maybe it's a bit ill considered for 2p, considering how the 2p rules were added just before launch (much like wastes of the empire feels a bit "off" for 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
yeah, we're martial and devotion, so this one is absolutely destroying us since we're forced to be separated right from the start. not sure how we can beat this thing. almost seems like i've got to roll a new character and level it up so that we can both start in the same location.

this does feel like maybe it's a bit ill considered for 2p, considering how the 2p rules were added just before launch (much like wastes of the empire feels a bit "off" for 2).

I find the forced discard to be more painful than the split.

There are Features that counteract the known, forced discard. They're really helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
rahdo wrote:

There are Features that counteract the known, forced discard. They're really helpful.

I dunno. It's seems to me the design of the mission is that at a 3p count, the 2 players together finish quicker, get a bigger influx of cash, and use that boost to sweep in and save the lone 3rd player, hopefully in roughly the same amount of time that it takes to normally finish the first scene.

OTOH, a single player, by themselves, having to take out 2 obstacles alone, simply takes more time, making the first scene last longer, and it's a poorly handled first scene that usually leads to a guaranteed loss in the 3rd scene, not what comes later (in my experience anyway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
rahdo wrote:

I dunno. It's seems to me the design of the mission is that at a 3p count, the 2 players together finish quicker, get a bigger influx of cash, and use that boost to sweep in and save the lone 3rd player, hopefully in roughly the same amount of time that it takes to normally finish the first scene.

OTOH, a single player, by themselves, having to take out 2 obstacles alone, simply takes more time, making the first scene last longer, and it's a poorly handled first scene that usually leads to a guaranteed loss in the 3rd scene, not what comes later (in my experience anyway)

Catacombs only has two scenes. Yes, a higher DF level will hurt a bit, but not as much as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Catacombs only has two scenes. Yes, a higher DF level will hurt a bit, but not as much as normal.

AAAAA!!!!!!

Okay, nevermind. It's fine. In fact, it's a bit on the easy side!

We've tried it 3 times, and each time gotten well into the 3rd scene but couldn't quite finish that. Turns out, we won each time! D'oh! That's what I get for skipping the "Completing the Adventure" section!

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

AAAAA!!!!!!

We've tried it 3 times, and each time gotten well into the 3rd scene but couldn't quite finish that. Turns out, we won each time! D'oh! That's what I get for skipping the "Completing the Adventure" section!

blush

Scene 1:
Split party, Prison and Cursed Ground

Scene 2:
Slaadi Portal

-END-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
rahdo wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

AAAAA!!!!!!

blush

Scene 1:
Split party, Prison and Cursed Ground

Scene 2:
Slaadi Portal

-END-

Yup, I've played the standard Crossfire mission in SR:CF well over 50 times, and before DF, I've never tried any other mission type. So some habits are hard to break
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

Yup, I've played the standard Crossfire mission in SR:CF well over 50 times, and before DF, I've never tried any other mission type. So some habits are hard to break

You have HCO and haven't played Crazy Katies, Gang War or Pandemic?

You're missing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
rahdo wrote:

You're missing out.

i always thought crossfire was just perfect. no elaborate setups, just shuffle up the decks and GO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
rahdo wrote:

You're missing out.

i always thought crossfire was just perfect. no elaborate setups, just shuffle up the decks and GO!

As said, you are missing out. The only scenarios I've not done are Two Corridor Assault and the Dragon, both of which require four players at the appropriate level. That said, I'm crazy enough to try the Dragon with 2p some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolò Tava
msg tools
mb
I have adoubt about this quest: what happens if you defeat both locations in round 1 scene1? You still reveal encounters before proceeding to scene2 or you skip directly to scene 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ileopsoas88 wrote:
I have adoubt about this quest: what happens if you defeat both locations in round 1 scene1? You still reveal encounters before proceeding to scene2 or you skip directly to scene 2?

The encounters showing up in round 2 is part of scene 1.
Scene 1 is not completed until the locations are disabled AND the encounters are defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.