Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see one all-inclusive BGG game rankings list of pure coop, semi coop, and team games. a list that would stand with overall, family, strategy, abstract, party, and thematic.

i understand why it hasn't been done to this point, because competitive games outnumber coop games by a significant margin. but maybe by 2020?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
mbmbmb
I don't know if I understand this correctly but you can use the Adv. Search feature right next to the Search bar to only list cooperative games. You can then sort them by their rankings. Hope it helps, merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no, that's not what i'm looking for. for example, above the game name, it has a ranking for overall, strategy, thematic, etc right on the main game screen that when you click on it the site takes you to the specific ranking list. i just want a similar coop ranking added.

edit: i guess BGG would call it crown rankings, for example, Spirit Island has 3 crown rankings above its current 8.4 score: overall 310, thematic 30, strategy 145. i want a coop crown ranking added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you do with games that have rules for both competitive and cooperative play? They only have a single rating; would it count or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if a game has a coop element, it should be included, like Orleans. Base game Orleans is competitive. The Orleans Invasion expansion makes it cooperative. I would place this expansion under the coop list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't see a link for what you describe, but you can sort by rank here:
Menu: Browse, Mechanics, Cooperative Play, Linked Items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that's why I started the thread. because there isn't a link. I think it would be a valuable ranking list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.