3 Posts

Fog of Love» Forums » General

Subject: Storing Large Cards/Dividers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Wineke
msg tools
Hey,

I have seen someone already comment about how to fit in the large cards and dividers. Obviously they don't fit standing up. Several comments have alluded to the idea of the slant in the insert for sorting them. This idea and being able to further fit them all (especially if you decide to sleeve) confuses me. Can someone explain it and share a pic of how they have them in there? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just unwrapped and sorted my cards tonight, so I agree that it isn't 100% intuitive. The trick is that you have to lean the cards until their tops are below the top of the insert (so the board doesn't crush them). That's it. Where it might confuse some folks is that the angle you lean them is greater than the slope molded into one end of the two card wells. In other words, the top of the cards will be touching the insert wall but the bottoms of the cards will be further from the wall.

If that doesn't make sense, then try this. Push the cards flush against the slanted wall of the card well. They will be leaning, but still too tall to place the board on top. Now move the bottoms of the cards towards you until the tops naturally sink low enough. With the KS contents, I put most of the cards in the big well and had to use the little bit bins as spacers in the smaller well so the cards there wouldn't slide all the way down. A ribbed bottom to the wells would have been great to prevent unintentional sliding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wineke
msg tools
Thank you for making it make sense. Yeah a grooved bottom would have been better. I suspect they are counting on expansions to help fill it and prevent sliding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.