Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Preparing to play the game soon ...
I guess I understand the Sacred Fire action, but then I do not understand the example on pages 6/7. Or I understand the example (well, not really, to be honest), then I don't understand the action ...

The example: Paul selects the SF action, so he should activate some other tile and place the SF marker on it, according to the rules text.
I don't see this in the example.
Next step, he chooses Trade, bottom left.
Last step he chooses top right, forming a straight line with his three action markers.

I do not see any action activated by the SF action. For example, he could have activated the Move action during his first step, top left, placing the SF marker on it.

Is this correct, is this wrong, what am I missing - or is the example just incomplete?

Any help welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we skipped the SF effect in the example because it concerns only the way in which the Action markers can be placed. The SF action is explained later in the rules, so putting its effect here would have caused just confusion without helping in explaining what we wanted to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mariov wrote:
Yes, we skipped the SF effect in the example because it concerns only the way in which the Action markers can be placed. The SF action is explained later in the rules, so putting its effect here would have caused just confusion without helping in explaining what we wanted to explain.

Thanks, Mario - well, in my case the confusion was caused because the effect was not shown in the example.
Never mind, glad I understood the rules correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.