United States
Warren
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I'm a raccoon!
badge
I'm on a coaster!
mbmbmbmbmb
These are some house rules I came up with to make Marrakech more palatable to analytical players. They increase the player's agency, and also make money into more of a resource.

Steering:
Active players no longer rotate Assam 90 degrees before rolling the die as a free action. Once per turn after rolling the die, the active player now has the option to buy a rotation. They pay the market (the drawstring bag) one coin in exchange for their 90 degrees of Assam rotation, which may be applied at any point before, during, or after his forward march.

Brakes:
After seeing their die result, the active player may pay 2 coins to the market (drawstring bag) to reduce Assam's march by one unit of forward movement. The player may use this ability up to four times per turn, so Assam's movement can always be reduced to zero in this manner (at a somewhat extreme personal cost).

Bankruptcy:
Players start the game with only 15 coins. The game no longer ends when a player runs out of rugs to place. Players simply continue to move Assam around until they run out of coins. A player who runs out of coins for any reason (Paying another player, steering, or braking) sits the rest of the game out. If you land on an eliminated player's rugs, you pay the market instead. The final survivor is the winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.