Popular Tags: [View All]
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I can't find this and maybe most people simply don't argue it, but at my table, we had two interpretations.

1. Happy faces are counted on a per-cube basis (ex. two HF card with two cubes = 4 HFs)

OR

2. Happy faces are counted on a per-card basis regardless of cubes (if any).

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something that is more of a standard point of confusion for lots of buildings/techs in the game.
The tech card says what you get for each "building". Each worker (yellow cube) on a tech is one building of that type.
So if it's a tech that gives two happy faces like theology or bread&circuses then you will get 2 happy faces per worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
1 is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah_Pook wrote:
1 is correct.

Thank you, Mark!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And for cards like Prosperity, how is it with the sad faces (Kremlin/Communism)? Do they count against or are they ignored?

So 6 happy faces and 1 Kremlin is in your tableu. Would Prosperity give 5 or 6 food?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Thunarf
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, I would have accepted the leprosy alone; but not leprosy and eroticism together, oh no, for the love of God, erotic leprosy?
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity would give 5 food, since you have 5 happy faces (you move the happiness token up one step for each happy face and down one step for each unhappy face):
6🙂 - 1☹️ = 5🙂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm forgetting something, Michelangelo is the only card that counts happy faces, not overall happiness. If you have Kremlin and 2 Organized Religions, Michelangelo counts 6 faces in terms of culture scoring, and Prosperity gives 5 food, because your overall happiness is 5.

Overall happiness cannot go beyond 8 no matter how many happy faces you have (Impact of Happiness maxes out at 16 culture), but Mike can score more than 8 culture per turn if you have more than 8 happy faces (Edit: the kind of happy faces Michelangelo counts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.