Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about DLC content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to finish off the scenarios that came with the base game and I have a few questions about the DLC scenarios:

1) Have they ever been on sale? I'm currently using Steam.

2) Is there any crossover with the physical expansions? It looks like I'll be buying everything for the game eventually. Will I be buying anything twice if I get the DLC content then the actual expansions?

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc gauthier
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no and no
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Getting ready to finish off the scenarios that came with the base game and I have a few questions about the DLC scenarios:

1) Have they ever been on sale? I'm currently using Steam.

2) Is there any crossover with the physical expansions? It looks like I'll be buying everything for the game eventually. Will I be buying anything twice if I get the DLC content then the actual expansions?

Thanks!
ok, i have to ask (smile): what is "DLC" ??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloadable content.

They are the 2 scenarios that you can dowmload and that do not come with physical content. Thay have a red diagonal band in the top right or left of the scenario intro page indicating them as such.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
Downloadable content.

They are the 2 scenarios that you can dowmload and that do not come with physical content. Thay have a red diagonal band in the top right or left of the scenario intro page indicating them as such.
where could i find those? (thanks)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are an in-app purchase. I don't remember exactly where they were bougth from in the app but I think they are just there but inactive, and you can purchase them from the scenario page. Make sure your app is up-to-date though. They are a few dollars each.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Getting ready to finish off the scenarios that came with the base game and I have a few questions about the DLC scenarios:

1) Have they ever been on sale? I'm currently using Steam.

2) Is there any crossover with the physical expansions? It looks like I'll be buying everything for the game eventually. Will I be buying anything twice if I get the DLC content then the actual expansions?

Thanks!


The DLC will (supposedly) make use of the physical expansion components for replayability and at least one requires certain expansions to be able to play it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Beholm wrote:
The DLC will (supposedly) make use of the physical expansion components for replayability and at least one requires certain expansions to be able to play it.

Neither DLC requires any physical expansions. The Shattered Bonds DLC will sometimes use tiles from Recurring Nightmares or Streets of Arkham if you have either, and the What Lies Within DLC will sometimes use Recurring Nightmares or Suppressed Memories.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gurnec wrote:
Beholm wrote:
The DLC will (supposedly) make use of the physical expansion components for replayability and at least one requires certain expansions to be able to play it.

Neither DLC requires any physical expansions. The Shattered Bonds DLC will sometimes use tiles from Recurring Nightmares or Streets of Arkham if you have either, and the What Lies Within DLC will sometimes use Recurring Nightmares or Suppressed Memories.
so you get these via the app?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
gurnec wrote:
Beholm wrote:
The DLC will (supposedly) make use of the physical expansion components for replayability and at least one requires certain expansions to be able to play it.

Neither DLC requires any physical expansions. The Shattered Bonds DLC will sometimes use tiles from Recurring Nightmares or Streets of Arkham if you have either, and the What Lies Within DLC will sometimes use Recurring Nightmares or Suppressed Memories.
so you get these via the app?


Yes, they are "in-app purchases"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Lone Jack
Missouri
flag msg tools
evil appears as good in the minds of those whom gods lead to destruction
badge
The Battle on the Ice, ending in a major defeat in the Northern Crusades.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are getting them from steam, go to the library and click once on the game. ON the far right you will see under LINKS, one called DLC, you can get the expansions there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.