Subject: How much space do I need? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

San Antonio
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am finally ready to pull out the game and take a crack at it. But I would like to leave it set up since I don't have more than an hour or two at a time (sometimes less). Can I set up a standard card table and leave it up all the time. Will that be enough space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Thats perfectly fine. You also can easily save your Progress via Character Sheets.

But this whole endavour only gonna work if your not using Neoprene Stuff and keep your Cards to the left and right (items Power and consumables) in neat Stacks if your not using them right now.

But other than that its doable and needed space can be dramatically reduced that way. Just enjoy playing your game!

All the best
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

San Antonio
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

Was rereading the rules last night. It has been about a month or two since I read them and I forgot most everything.

Any other set up tips. I have not even opened the box yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Just have a look on the playthroughs here on BGG Video nicely done and Cover Most of the rules. Its not that difficult and all adventureing Stuff and skirmishes can be done right ontop of the worldmap board. Just shuffle each card Deck (differ by cardbacks) and Put the stickman companion card back to the box.

Most of the rules are covered during First Journal Mission just keep in mind the following additions:

2H Weapons let you roll 2 dice for attack Dam and you can take the higher result

If wearing two 1H Weapons you can attack with bboth just pay one PowerPoint for the second attack

Skirmishes are Made without damage dice just have a look for percentile dice if you Hit reduce counter by one

All skills and items must state that they can be used during skirmish otherwise they cant be used.
Exception are hourclass skills they can be done at any Time even during other Players turn (Excorcist Healing for example)

PowerPoint Reset during inn visit Rest not by gaining a lvl up

Play with at least 3 characters if you wanna stand a Chance right now 2 Players is quite hard.

If you are gaining Vita you can go above your max Vita if you recover your bound to your max vita

Guess that are the most vital Tips i can give :-)

All the best and have a blast while playing this awesome game
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Grove
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
We set up on a standard table (4x6 feet). I used the large world map and it takes some room. Once the cards are all sorted and on the table for easy reach, things move along fine with regards to the house keeping tasks. Don’t take all the figures out of their holders. You will only use a handful each scenario and it is easier to just pull what you need and then put them back. I pulled out all of my figures and it took up a lot of space and slowed down the game just a bit while I searched for the figures needed.

If you are playing solo, while it can be more work, I would say to not run with less than 4 characters. That is the balance point that seems to be prevalent on the posts here. We had five players, but we only had to manage our own character.

Last tip, learned the hard way, keep the cats off the table. 😱

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

San Antonio
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Played through the first two stories, then did a reset because of rules violations. Finding it harder this time based on different road cards, different dice rolls and better adherence to rules.

Ended up setting it up on a card table that I can just leave up all the time. Use a business card holder for the cards, except items and abilities, leave the figures in the bottom of the box and use the top for all the tokens in individual bags so they are easy to find when I need them. Only thing is managing all the character cards. Character sheets fit nicely on the table when on the world map and move under the table or onto my lap during adventuring. I like the giant world map, but it just doesn't work for my set up and I need my 4X6 table for Warhammer 40K (and it subs as a work table for projects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.