Subject: First mission of the Alea iacta est rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Westfere
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have been playing b-17 since it first came out. So with a new year about to start, I thought that it would be nice to start off with a fresh new sheet. Starting with the first five missions. The so called milk runs.... so here goes.... first off the name of my bomber is latin.. it translate as follows... the die is cast, or as caesar said in 49 bc to toss the dice,, very fitting for this wonderful game.

first mission: cherbourg, going after the airfield. middle of the formation, middle of the squadron, take off is by the book, join up unexciting,,,on to zone 2,, fighter cover is good, which drives off one wave of three 190s.. zone 3, over the target,,weather is good, hit by one wave of three 190s again , fighter cover draws off one 190, the other two 190s miss, over the target, medium flak, no hits,, roll on target, and with a pause for a small sip of rum... rolls 60% on target!!! another sip of rum for the bombardier,,taught him everything he knows,,, turn around to head out of the zone, and get hit by 3 waves of fighters, Radio room takes a beating, worse the radio operator is kia, and the nose breaks out in an o2 fire!! Fire out,, drop to 10 k and out of formation, 109 at the nose ,he missed!1 but we have a 109 vd top turret takes aim rolls a 6!! its a hit,, rolls another six!! 109 down in flames, back to base, Its going to be fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice succinct After Action Report. I too started up a campaign a week ago. Have six missions in and I'm on my third plane and will be starting a second crew... Port Wing Fuel Fire... Got'a Love 'em. thumbsdown I'll be starting my second crew out tomorrow morning.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started again as well. Mission 1 I had 2 sets of walking hits and lost the aircraft. *SIGH* so much for a milk run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.