3 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: advancement and objective cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Chacon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had a queston about the advancement and objective cards. I checked the rule book after my wife and i finished the first game and it does not mention what to do with the advancement and objective cards. During the game we ended up adding some cards in and i kept them both to bring out suring our next game but was unsure if this was right. Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you did it correctly. During the game, if you unlocked any advancement cards you just shuffle them in the deck and they may come out later on. The objectives don’t change during the game so if you unlock any during a game, they will become a possibility only in future games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you unlock new advancement cards during the game they are shuffle into the advancement deck along with the discard pile. (Rule 7.4)

The objectves rule doesn't explicitly state so, but the implication is the same for them - they get shuffled into the objective deck.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This will become important in later games where additional objectives can be gained during games. Also rule 21 does say that objectives gained during the unlocking of that rule get shuffled in, so it can be inferred that the same should happen whenever a new one is unlocked after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.