Subject: Gaining influence question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I realizes there are already posts on this subject but i'm still stumped.

Do you get an influence point for EVERY quest you complete? How do you get more agenda cards (I haven't been able to get past the first one your given. ) I understand everything else about the game quests, exploring ect i'm just at a loss on how to get the 11 influence I need to win solo and how to track it.

I understand I get influence based on what the initial agenda card I get a the beginning but i'm hazy on if I get for each quest completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thursday42
msg tools
You only get a new influence card by completing an encounter/quest with the little "thumbs-up" icon in the rewards section (like a miniaturized version of the image on the back of the influence cards). Plenty of quests award these but not all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
Hello I realizes there are already posts on this subject but i'm still stumped.

Do you get an influence point for EVERY quest you complete? How do you get more agenda cards (I haven't been able to get past the first one your given. ) I understand everything else about the game quests, exploring ect i'm just at a loss on how to get the 11 influence I need to win solo and how to track it.

I understand I get influence based on what the initial agenda card I get a the beginning but i'm hazy on if I get for each quest completed.

Completing certain quests will award you with an Agenda Card. If as part of a reward, you find the "Thumbs Up" symbol, you get to draw a new Agenda card.

Every Agenda Card awards you one Influence Point. Agenda Cards can award you more Influence Points if you have met their requirements.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
As a rule of thumb, sidequests award agenda cards, main quests mess with faction power (and thus the points value of the majority of agenda cards) and unlock new sidequests, but usually don't give agendas themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all so much this indeed helps greatly!!! Can't thank you all enough. Love this community
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
As a rule of thumb, sidequests award agenda cards

I see what you did there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Weltenreiter wrote:
As a rule of thumb, sidequests award agenda cards
I see what you did there

And yet, you did not give him a (wait for it . . . ) thumbs up?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Guess I have to now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am unclear as to exactly how one tracks his level of influence, outside of making notes on a piece of paper. Is there another way to track influence during the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Schwendemann
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skipper1947 wrote:
I am unclear as to exactly how one tracks his level of influence, outside of making notes on a piece of paper. Is there another way to track influence during the game?

You need to keep track of what the cards in your hand are worth, and when you have the required amount to win, reveal them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the little cardboard pop-outs from where you track your SPECIAL traits on the character card (yes I'm a bit of a hoarder). Sure the other players can spot them if you don't conceal them so plan accordingly. Use a dice bag or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.