Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer» Forums » General

Subject: Is it just me or are the manual and player aid kind of poor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Just discovered this thread in the GP forum (even if I have all modules I mainly follow the SE one).

As it is easier for me to learn rules in an AH / VG presentation style I created and posted this rules extended player aid in the SE forum.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158424/bob-rules-expanded...

16 pages player aid grouping all detailed rules (all published products) per topic / type of action. Purpose is to help learning the system and help beginners not forgetting small details in actions resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
As a comment, I created this rule extended player aid because I wanted to grasp the whole set of rules all at once. I know this is not recommended but I wanted my first game to be full-flavor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kentorp
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
normsmith wrote:
What you describe is probably going to translate into an extra player aid card, giving everything more room to breathe.
For me, this is not necessarily a deal-breaker. I usually have the terrain-effects chart face up next to the board anyway, so you could make that one-sided and have a two-sided player-aid besides.

The Player Air Suite in the files section looks like a good start, though the four-page format might make it a bit hard to use. I’ll try it out anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jwel wrote:
Just discovered this thread in the GP forum (even if I have all modules I mainly follow the SE one).

As it is easier for me to learn rules in an AH / VG presentation style I created and posted this rules extended player aid in the SE forum.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158424/bob-rules-expanded...

16 pages player aid grouping all detailed rules (all published products) per topic / type of action. Purpose is to help learning the system and help beginners not forgetting small details in actions resolution.

I did not see this file until I was prowling through the forum and saw this thread. I was trying to do the same, redoing the rulebooks in AH-like style (and was half way through) but now I don't have to because Jwel has done it and done it better in many ways!

This manual, guys, IMHO is the best effort of re-organizing the original rulebooks I can find for refreshing memory with sufficient details! A real gem that should be hosted in the File section.

Wish I had found this earlier. Good job and thank you, Jwel!

P.S. I do find a few mistakes or places need clarification. Still it’s very well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |