JoeAubrey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
in more boxes
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a quick search on my phone and didn’t find an answer. Sorry this is probably a repeat but couldn’t conjure up the correct search terms.

Scenario: 2 player game on extended board. 1st player fills an action spot in winter with a regular worker. 2nd player plays a grande worker, using it’s special ability, for the same action. Then 1st player passes through winter and removes the regular worker from the board.

Does the grande worker slide into that open slot, or can the 2nd player now place a regular worker on that spot, along with his already placed grande?

(Maybe the root question is: can a grande worker use its ability on an action that isn’t full?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeAubrey wrote:

Does the grande worker slide into that open slot...
No

JoeAubrey wrote:

...can the 2nd player now place a regular worker on that spot, along with his already placed grande?
Yes

JoeAubrey wrote:

(Maybe the root question is: can a grande worker use its ability on an action that isn’t full?)
A grande worker can be placed on any open action space, receiving any associated bonuses, just as a regular [or special] worker may. Its unique special ability additionally allows it to be placed on an already filled action space without receiving any bonuses associated with that action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification:
If a Grande "muscles in" He doesn't occupy the spot, just takes the action. As he doesn't take the spot he doesn't get the bonus and doesn't block the spot in the scenario you describe.

If, on the other hand, the Grande is used as a normal worker, he takes the spot, gets the bonus, and prevents a normal worker using the spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.