Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Godel
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The balance for this card row seems off, I don’t thing flight should be worse than mass production, the fact that you get to reinforce and attack is so much better than just attacking 3 times. And capitalism is so good... it’s like 2 turns, why isn’t fight that much better than mass production

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flight is so good.
It is a prefect card for a sneak win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Play more games, you will find Flight as THE card.

Owll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacking is much stronger than defending in this game.
Attack within 5 spaces ignoring water and rival token. Sniping city is an easy task.

It enables you to complete any single objective for the game.
Eg: Attacking control token, taking over 5 mature , 8 city count or wonder requirement.

It is hard to build 8 cities in this game.
But you can sneak win by taking over 3 cities in a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Another player was going to win one turn before I could. Then I noticed that his victory depended upon him spending a token off of his tech card.

Thanks to Flight, I was able to attack his capital and steal that token - thus giving me the time I needed to win.

That same game (and turn!), a third player could have won by attacking me and stealing a wonder. Unfortunately, he didn't have Flight and so could not get to the needed city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Kazakov
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
The reason Mass Production gives you reinforcements in addition to attacks is because flight is so insanely good for capturing cities. The way Mass Production->Flight is designed, it forces you into a decision of 'Do I want to go for an aggressive strategy or defensive strategy'.

The one that seems underwhelming to me is the economy track, with having a limit of 3 tokens on your focus cards, it seems like you don't have as much upside to trading as other upgrade tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Kazakov
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
whipko wrote:
It enables you to complete any single objective for the game.
Eg: Attacking control token, taking over 5 mature , 8 city count or wonder requirement.

Keep in mind it doesn't really help attaining the 5 mature cities objective, since a mature city has to be surrounded by friendly control tokens. I guess you could capture a rival's mature city then trade the turn after to get open borders, but that assumes you don't just lose the city right back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.