James P. E. Reynolds
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This years Christmas Kumo we returned to our homemade board and used some Christmas themed clans elves and reindeer.

Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Nice. 2017 should be live action Kumo pushing around the Christmas tree
Johan, we were so excited about the elf and reindeer clan that we forgot about this. The elves and reindeer fought over the standard Stone of Balance. Opportunity missed.

The Elf and Reindeer clans are a mix of Sumo, Ninja, and Samurai clans. We tried to keep the elves tricky and package delivery focused and the reindeer are jumpy and kicky.

Here is your Christmas starting lineup."On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen..."

Elves move first and use a carry position to move two Kumotori for the price of one.

The match did not end well for the elves. The reindeer were too fast.

This time I got to use the reindeer. Let's get a win team.

Some elf tossing just for the fun of it. Tossed him, then kicked him out for a bonus AP.

And the reindeer do it again. The elves are a tad slow and under powered it seems. I think they would have a chance if Disappear and Decorate positions got used more.

We had a similar issue when play testing the Ninja clan where we didn't know how to use the Disappear position with any success. Maybe , we'll try another match using Johan's Christmas Tree idea and tweak the Disappear position. Disappear: Remove one Kumotori from the arena. The Kumotori can return to the arena in the ring surrounding the Stone of Balance for 1 AP. The Kumotori must return in the Disappear position.

During this process my son and I got the idea to use customizable dice/cubes like in Dice Forge or Lego games. That would add a fun custom element to the game maybe even allow for more skilled players to handicap themselves.

Next up is Halloween Kumo with... zombie, skeleton, witch, vampire, werewolf, or ghost clans. This one might be hard to nail down. I think the two most iconic would be skeletons and witches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.