Hide
5 Posts

Dinosaur Island» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mix and match objectives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug
msg tools
Anyone tried adding more objective cards and mix and matching long and short and medium for variety? I feel like with 2 player even the medium objectives can be pretty quick. Just looking to see if anyone had tried anything creative with the objective cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not, but once I have a few more plus under my belt, we may toy with this to just create games of random length... not sure how that would go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
I have not, but once I have a few more plus under my belt, we may toy with this to just create games of random length... not sure how that would go...

I think you could do that, I would just make sure the mixed objectives weren't of the same category (creating dinosaurs - medium and long), etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan E
msg tools
I've thought about that. Might be fun to toy with game length even further than they already do with those 3 objective decks.

Group I played with recently also suggested allowing people to claim objectives other have claimed since it felt like once one person got 1 or 2 you pretty much knew they were going to win since the objectives are big points.

Only objective that cannot be claimed by multiple people is the last one claimed that triggers the end game process.

Small play sample size to make that house rul but we are going to try that next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eatonaround wrote:
Group I played with recently also suggested allowing people to claim objectives other have claimed since it felt like once one person got 1 or 2 you pretty much knew they were going to win since the objectives are big points.

Actually even in a long game an objective gives only 1 VP more than a big carnivore. Do you also allow to build dinosaurs others have the recipes?

Last game i played i had more objectives than my son, but he had nearly all the big carnivore recipes and won in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.