Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked over on the Kickstarter page and can't see it anywhere so, is there a way for people who own all the original stuff to get the upgrade kit still?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
I checked over on the Kickstarter page and can't see it anywhere so, is there a way for people who own all the original stuff to get the upgrade kit still?

I am guessing Level 99 will sell some, but I'm actually not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Grumsh wrote:

I am guessing Level 99 will sell some, but I'm actually not sure.

Thanks Trey, do you know if the 2nd edition expansions are compatible with 1st edition? Well I guess you "know" but you get my point....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure though I'm not sure how you mean.

They are mostly the same. There is only one small rule change that you can use in any version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

They are mostly the same. There is only one small rule change that you can use in any version.

Maybe I am addled I just thought the main box expansion.. added a 6th player and wanted to see if it was compatible with the 1st edition of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Maybe I am addled I just thought the main box expansion.. added a 6th player and wanted to see if it was compatible with the 1st edition of the game.

Oh yes, 2nd edition of the expansion would be compatible with 1st edition, however the 2nd edition of the expansion will have the new bases for the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Hunt
Canada
flag msg tools
Wouldn't that mean you don't have the equipment needed to mark orange mages as owned by someone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alercah wrote:
Wouldn't that mean you don't have the equipment needed to mark orange mages as owned by someone?

I believe it will come with some of the new bases. But Level 99 would need to confirm that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Trey, going to pre-order the 2nd edition expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, but we have no plans to sell the upgrade kit outside of the Kickstarter campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
Apologies, but we have no plans to sell the upgrade kit outside of the Kickstarter campaign.

If someone has the first edition base game, how do they go about getting the 2nd editions expansions and making them compatible? Are you taking late pledges?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh E

Naperville
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
I believe it will come with some of the new bases. But Level 99 would need to confirm that.

Just to make sure-- I have 1e base+expansion, and the upgrade kit.. do I have everything I need for the expansion as well? I can't imagine why not-- and I suppose I could play with the old minis, even so.

EDIT: Well, the contents are mentioned here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/argent-the...

The base game only has 35 pawns, so the 49 is definitely an upgrade. with an upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derim wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Just to make sure-- I have 1e base+expansion, and the upgrade kit.. do I have everything I need for the expansion as well? I can't imagine why not-- and I suppose I could play with the old minis, even so.

EDIT: Well, the contents are mentioned here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/argent-the...

The base game only has 35 pawns, so the 49 is definitely an upgrade. with an upgrade.

If you have the upgrade kit you're covered for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late pledging for this campaign has closed, so we are no longer taking any pledges. Apologies for any inconvenience. The second edition versions of Argent, Mancers, and Summer Break will be in retail later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch!

Ithry wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark_Knight wrote:
Ouch!

Ithry wrote:

Ya, it kind of killed my desire to support the game anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
Dark_Knight wrote:
Ouch!

Ithry wrote:

Sorry to hear that. soblue

One option is to sell your 1st Edition and purchase a 2nd Edition with the funds. It's a hassle and not ideal, but the money you lose in the rebuy should be approximately as much as purchasing the upgrade kit would have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
We will likely have a few extras of the upgrade kit that we can sell individually once KS pledges have been fulfilled. If you contact us after the project ships, we might still be able to offer one.

Unfortunately, it's not possible for us to keep a stock of products that aren't designed for retail sale. It's not feasible for a company to do this, and we've learned that lesson the hard way in past projects. My garage is still full of BattleCON promos that I haven't been able to get rid of for 4 years, so I don't have the space to repeat those mistakes with Argent.

All that to say, as usual, we'll do everything in our ability and with the resources available to use to get you what you want. However, there are still limits to what's feasible for us. I hope that you can respect our decision to print only the quantities of a game that are reasonable and sustainable for our business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
Dark_Knight wrote:
Ouch!

Ithry wrote:

One option is to sell your 1st Edition and purchase a 2nd Edition with the funds. It's a hassle and not ideal, but the money you lose in the rebuy should be approximately as much as purchasing the upgrade kit would have.

Sorry to be a downer Trey, I know when I first got the game everyone at the meetup loved it and even bought there own copies. Now we are all frustrated we missed the Kickstarter. Honestly this is the biggest problem with Kickstarter. I appreciate it helps with the financial burdens but for those of us who miss the Kickstarter for various reasons such as not a Facebook user, had a busy time of their life and were not on BGG much, or any number of legitimate reasons to miss it are now all left scratching our heads and feeling like early adopters kind of take a back seat in a very negative way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
Dark_Knight wrote:
Ouch!

Ithry wrote:

Sorry to be a downer Trey, I know when I first got the game everyone at the meetup loved it and even bought there own copies. Now we are all frustrated we missed the Kickstarter. Honestly this is the biggest problem with Kickstarter. I appreciate it helps with the financial burdens but for those of us who miss the Kickstarter for various reasons such as not a Facebook user, had a busy time of their life and were not on BGG much, or any number of legitimate reasons to miss it are now all left scratching our heads and feeling like early adopters kind of take a back seat in a very negative way.

I understand missing Kickstarters. I have missed several myself that I was upset about. But see Brad's post above. Level 99 always tries to do right by their customers.

And if for some reason that does not work out, my solution should work as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
We will likely have a few extras of the upgrade kit that we can sell individually once KS pledges have been fulfilled. If you contact us after the project ships, we might still be able to offer one.

Unfortunately, it's not possible for us to keep a stock of products that aren't designed for retail sale. It's not feasible for a company to do this, and we've learned that lesson the hard way in past projects. My garage is still full of BattleCON promos that I haven't been able to get rid of for 4 years, so I don't have the space to repeat those mistakes with Argent.

All that to say, as usual, we'll do everything in our ability and with the resources available to use to get you what you want. However, there are still limits to what's feasible for us. I hope that you can respect our decision to print only the quantities of a game that are reasonable and sustainable for our business.

Hopefully this is possible. I really enjoyed the game and think Trey did a great job updating the stale same old same old mechanics into a more aggressive game play that I and many others thought was really needed and done well.

I'll keep subbed to this thread and hopefully an announcement will come if there are any upgrade kits for sale, thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.