Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

From the picture i upload it shows the hero (blue) aiming at the enemy (red. The rules says that you cant shoot around corners which makes sense (there not boomerangs) but what i want to know is how true the "line of sight" rule is? I mean if i can see the target then cant i shoot him?

also for the Sins player does that mean for him that she/he has to put his monsters in places that makes it hard for line of sight targeting? (If the whole line of sight is that true being if i can see it, i can shoot it.

:Edit:

I cant seem to find a way to upload an image but just imagine using a ruler like in warhammer, If you can connect from point a to b then its a shot?
Even if you on a straight road but the enemy is on the corner but you have line of sight on him? (his not hiding around the wall on the corner but his on the corner tile of the road where i can see it to shoot it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way to think of it is that a figure is everywhere at once, within the boundaries of where it's standing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Line Of Sight - how true is it
Yes, for line of sight you count the whole district, not the point where the mini is standing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
So wait, on page 37 of the rule book, you see 3 images for examples of line of sight. The one example which show Rocco shooting the 2 abominations at the bottom got me confused, because the abominations are in the + street so if your saying that they are "everywhere at once, within the boundaries of where it's standing" then wouldn't that mean i can hit enemys on comer because they are everywhere at ones in that boundary? Since Rocco is able to hit the abomination thats half way behind the building?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are seeing something that isn't there... The abomination is not hiding at the corner, because there's no such thing in the rules. both abominations are in a space that Rocco has los to. It doesn't matter exactly where the figure is placed in that space, as long as it is a space that the shooter has los to, he can shoot it.

I understand your confusion, given the examples and the rules, but in the end, the rules clearly say that you target a space, not the individual figures in it. Shoot at a space, and then asign hits to any figures in that space, no matter where in that space they are standing. You are thinking too litteral here, with your corner hiding, when in reality The Others is a bit more abstract.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P.s. Check the other shooting example for what spaces an agent has los to. Any figure standing anywhere in one of those spaces can be shot at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
" target a space, not the individual figures in it. Shoot at a space, and then assign hits to any figures in that space, no matter where in that space they are standing."

ahhh ok now it makes sense lol dont know why i missed that bit, probably because my brain just rubed it off as LoS from figure to figure,

Thank you for the clear up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome 😊
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.