Subject: Moving zero spaces to activate a card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfonso Velasco
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you move zero spaces and activate the card you finish on that is the same space you start on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any reason you can't move zero spaces but you don't activate the card because you can never activate the card you started on:

page 28 of the rules wrote:
Moving Transports allows you to use actions from cards on the Sector Map. After the Command action, use the card they ended their movement on before continuing with the next action on the Impulse. You cannot activate the card they started their movement on.

(Emphasis added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Command action and you do not want to move any ships, it is probably better to think of that as as ignoring the action: "You can always ignore part or all of any action card you use."

It may be equivalent to think of this as moving one or more fleets 0 moves, but doing so may risk some confusion.

Suppose, for example, you had Transports on the Sector Core and announced, "I am moving these Transports 0 moves."

Another player might object: "My Cruisers patrol the Sector Core, and you can't move move Transports to end their turn on a card I patrol!"

Since Transports can't activate the card they start on, it is simpler and less ambiguous to say that you're skipping the Command action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.