5 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Questions for those that know rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Shannon
msg tools
Hi,

I've just bought wotr 2nd ed as well as wme and lime boxing day special!!

I like to have all the bits and pieces and have seen a treebeard promo

My question is if I bought War of the Ring 2nd Edition – Warriors of Middle-earth Limited Edition. Do I get anything extra???

If I do am I better getting wotr 1st Ed or/and getting gotta?

Can somebody mind telling me the height for these miniutres

Cheers

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You’ll get painted figures from the limited editions, but that’s all. Perhaps some sort of art book or something, but nothing new for the game. You shouldn’t worry about getting anything but the game and it’s expansions and possible tree beard if you’re a completionist.

They are true 25mm miniatures I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, be aware that there's currently no limited edition for Warriors of Middle Earth, only Lords of Middle Earth.

The only difference between the LOME Limited edition and the standard is the fact the figures are painted, and the limited comes in a fancy wooden box with a certificate. The components (dice, tokens, cards) are otherwise identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AtStapley wrote:
You’ll get painted figures from the limited editions, but that’s all. Perhaps some sort of art book or something, but nothing new for the game. You shouldn’t worry about getting anything but the game and it’s expansions and possible tree beard if you’re a completionist.

They vary in scale! None are 25 mm as far as I can tell. Closer to 15 mm for the largest models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
AtStapley wrote:

They vary in scale! None are 25 mm as far as I can tell. Closer to 15 mm for the largest models.

Roberto said true 1/72 scale (25mm) https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/25549/size-miniatures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.