BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Really basic question but how do I find my posts, please? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Still Flying
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi I'm new and a bit lost.

Some lovely people helped me add a photo to a post last night, as I was adding the game I had been playing over Christmas to the couples games list.

I added a photo, realised I'd therefore made 2 posts, so deleted the first one and added my original text to the post with the pic of the game. Now I can't find my post and I don't know how to search for it, or search for words within threads to try to find it that way.

Sorry about this. Thanks for your time. I'll get the hang of it, I'm sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Prof. of mathematics and lover of history. Trying to get my kids interested in board games. Knizia fan (own over 100 of his games). Worked at the National Univ. of Singapore for 22 years and spent 8 years at UC Berkeley. Love Irish history
badge
Prof. of mathematics and lover of history. Trying to get my kids interested in board games. Knizia fan (own over 100 of his games). Worked at the National Univ. of Singapore for 22 years and spent 8 years at UC Berkeley. Love Irish history
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to your profile, select the contributions tab, and look for it on the right. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you'll be able to find it, but I got curious about your post and looked myself. Might as well share the link: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/items/user/Stillflying200...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Still Flying
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you both. Got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to /subscriptions/prefs you can adjust your preferences so you'll get notified whenever someone responds to one of your posts. Left column, Special Subscriptions Replies to my content* and make sure everything is ticked Yes. The subscriptions will show in the upper left corner, next to the newspaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you subscribe to your own post you can also locate it as "manage subscriptions" in "subscriptions" even if no responses. A quick look tells me I have 3 such still tracked at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
As long as I live, so long do I learn
badge
Peace is the inner nature of humankind. If you find it within yourself, you will then find it everywhere.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also add the link to your thread/forum replies to the Quickbar on top - right next to the logout button. Its very convenient and you can avoid going to your profile and then to contribution, albeit sometimes it's necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of feel like the following information should be shown on the web page that shows you have completed creating an account:

Hopefully helpful links (some of these will cross-reference):
Five Common Misconceptions about BGG + New User advice
Tricks of the Geek
More Tricks of the Geek
unofficial FAQ
New Users want to know Who? What? Where? When? and Why? but mostly How?
My 1st Year on BGG - Tips, Tricks, and Great Geeklists

Not as useful, but maybe also:
A New User's Guide to the Inside Jokes of BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
tuckerotl wrote:
I kind of feel like the following information should be shown on the web page that shows you have completed creating an account...

Conceptually I agree, but that's too much info for a new user to take in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
tuckerotl wrote:
I kind of feel like the following information should be shown on the web page that shows you have completed creating an account...

Conceptually I agree, but that's too much info for a new user to take in.

Page 1 of a new user's Quickbar could be preloaded with these links. Just thinking out loud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.