Popular Tags: [View All]
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me if this is a silly question, Ive played a few games but always with the suggested starting loadout. Perhaps more advanced games will answer this...

My wife managed to knock my token tray off the table and scattered all the tokens. Whilst reorganising it all I questioned the relevance of having different tokens for the different weapons. Why not just have a generic ammo token and you could have significantly less (to sort and reorganise when they get knocked off the table!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the different ammo tokens are pure thematic fluff, a few different generic ones would be totally fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But just remember that when passing ammo between soldiers that you can only pass the same type of ammo that the recipient's weapon uses.
I figure its easier to forget when using generic ammo tokens.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
markmc wrote:
But just remember that when passing ammo between soldiers that you can only pass the same type of ammo that the recipient's weapon uses.

Mark

This. There are a million different types of ammo, let alone 7.62mm x ? haha

Do what I do and use die with a single token

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
markmc wrote:

Mark

Yup, very important, and a consideration when arming your team.

The new WWII game uses generic tokens. I kind of like the chrome of having individual ammunition tokens. As others have pointed out, it's easy to use substitutes, generic or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dirk
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use small, green and white dice for everything (fits the color scheme of the box art). Ammo, solder actions, bandages, xp, items that are finite like the hydration packs. And as for the ammo, if the clip runs out- I place the die over the stat portion of the weapon card. If it jams- I put it over the card art, both- above the card itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
I kind of like the chrome of having individual ammunition tokens.

I like this too.
It also gives few more choices to make when you select your team. You either could take the same weapons for all soldiers and they can supply each other with ammo when it runs out. Or you may pick differrnt weapons for different tasks (close, snipe, etc) but they can't supply each other with ammo.
Imo it is way better than generic ammo counters, both thematic as like in game mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.