toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This occurred to me immediately upon reading the rules/watching reviews/run-throughs.

Whoever wins an invention not only selects their choice of rewards, but also DISCARDS one of the other two rewards, leaving only 1 reward of their choice for the player in 2nd place.

(I also have an [alternate] very firm idea of how to make this game play BEST—indeed, better than at any player count per rules-as-written—at 2 players, giving the two players many more choices and much more control than in any version of the game, while retaining the dynamism of a 5 player game. Just wanna test to make sure I'm not missing anything before posting it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually sounds great for 2 player but I wonder how much it alters a player's strategy if they know 1st place on an invention is out of reach. Like do they really want to put the effort into fighting for 2nd place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Lowe
United States
Bremerton
WA
flag msg tools
I lend out new games so I don't have to read the rules myself.
badge
I love speed tutorial rule videos!
mbmbmbmbmb
tobyjason wrote:

(I also have an [alternate] very firm idea of how to make this game play BEST—indeed, better than at any player count per rules-as-written—at 2 players, giving the two players many more choices and much more control than in any version of the game, while retaining the dynamism of a 5 player game. Just wanna test to make sure I'm not missing anything before posting it.)

This is like Fermat's Last Theorem in board game form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.