John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, here's what happened:

- i purchased the MofM 2nd edition, and we love it!!
- it came with a "conversion kit"...which the directions said would allow you to "bring in" 1st edition characters, etc.
- i never had or played the 1st edition, and since i now had the 2nd edition i figured i'd never have any use for the "conversion kit" (because why would i buy the 1st edition now that i have the newer 2nd edition?)...so i tossed it (to save space in the box for the expansions i knew would come)
- it never mentioned that you might want to keep this anyhow, because there are 2nd edition expansions that you will not be able to use without this kit
- now, as an xmas gift i rec'd "suppressed memories, 2nd edition"
- and since it says "2nd edition" on the box i opened it and started sorting through what was there
- they do give you character mini's, monsters mini's and tiles...but no "tiles" to slip into the monster bases or any character sheets! they assumed that i'd have them from the conversion kit i guess
- obv my mistake i guess, but in all honesty the instructions/rules that come with the 2nd edition should have told me that without this conversion kit i not only wouldn't be able to use a 1st edition game if i had one BUT ALSO i would not be able to use certain 2nd edition expansions either!! (had i know that i would have kept the silly kit)

so...what's done is done...now i'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to purchase just the 2nd edition "conversion kit"?? and if so, where?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact FFG and they should be able to send out a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
i'll give it a shot...i'd even be willing to buy one from a 2nd edition owner who didn't want his/hers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:
i'll give it a shot...i'd even be willing to buy one from a 2nd edition owner who didn't want his/hers...

Never throw away ANYthing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:

FFG are great with replacement parts, I am sure you will have good luck with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks I hope FFG will replace it for you. Suppressed Memories is technically a MoM 1st edition module. They released it for those that did not have MoM 1e instead of reprinting MoM 1e. They released 2 expansions for it if I recall correctly of the 1e content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.