Terraforming Mars: Venus Next» Forums » General

Subject: Motivation for Venus Rating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flight Doc
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t have the expansion, yet. Will someone explain what advantage there is in raising the Venusian rating (other than the obvious TR bonus I assume you’ll get) versus raising a Martian parameter or other action? For example, why not spend money on a greenery tile which may yield more VP at game end than 15M€ for a Venusian parameter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Why not spend money on a greenery tile which may yield more Vp at the game rather than 14€ to raise temperature? Same principle. Also, raising the

Venus track does not end the game, making it an appealing choice if you want a longer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PenguinMD wrote:
I don’t have the expansion, yet. Will someone explain what advantage there is in raising the Venusian rating (other than the obvious TR bonus I assume you’ll get) versus raising a Martian parameter or other action? For example, why not spend money on a greenery tile which may yield more VP at game end than 15M€ for a Venusian parameter?

Like everything else it depends on circumstances.

Maybe you increase Venus to take advantage of a bonus on that track.

Maybe you have a card that has a requirement for Venus to be at a particular level.

Maybe you don't want to set some other player up to gain a bonus on another track.

Maybe you have a card that increases Venus bu no card to increase another parameter.

I'm sure others can come up with other reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of cards that raise the Venus track pretty efficiently. And Aphrodite gets 2MC whenever the Venus parameter is raised.

In both of the multiplayer games I've played so far (both 5 player), the Venus track has been the first to max out. It may well be partly due to fascination with the new cards, but that does point to there being sufficient motivation to raise that parameter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flight Doc
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent on all accounts. Was just having a little difficulty wrapping my head around it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.