7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Fairy tale themed game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bubba Hotep

Pennsylvania
msg tools
The wife asked for a game she saw at a local store. She described it as a fairy tale game. She said you could play as snow white and it had figures, possibly meeples. Not really paying attention I bought her Fairy Tale. She told me that was not the correct game. Any ideas what it could be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grimm Forest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not Grimm Forest as it hasn't hit retail yet. Unless they had a pre-release copy?

The only other game I can think of in this genre is Dark Tales, which does have a Snow White expansion, but no meeples, just cards (linked).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12 Realms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taylor
Scotland
Kintore
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schoolmarm5 wrote:

Very likely this. You can play as Snow White, Red Riding Hood, Robin Hood and other fairy tale or historical characters (e.g. Jean d'Arc) trying to defeat a Dark Lord (also fairy tale / mythical characters) across different realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schoolmarm5 wrote:

Cool, never heard of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba Hotep

Pennsylvania
msg tools
Thanks for all the suggestions. 12 Realms looks like it and sounds likr thrtype of games she likes but all suggested are on her gift list with valentines and het birthday upcomming. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.