Subject: Digital Line of Sight-tool alpha version available on Google Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teemu Vilén
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mb
As far as I am concerned, there are two types of tactical gamers - those that like to use a Line of Sight -ruler and those that don't. I'm in the first category. Using a ruler adds an interesting "minigame" to the battle - you have to think when to use and when not to use a ruler in order not to telegraph you plans to the enemy.

With INVASION, we want to make the LoS-system as clear as possible. You always measure from two exact points on the board, not from figure bases or similar ambigious places.

Also, we want also to offer an alternative to ruler to those that don't like to use it. With the help of Unity & Blender, I'm developing a digital map tool that can be used to generate and share maps, and to measure LoS with a tap. The tool will be available on Android and Appstore.

The early version is already available on Google Play for testing & feedback:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tvilen.los...

Note the page and graphics are very subdued, as this is just an early test.

With it, you can:
* Auto-generate maps
* Edit maps by hand
* Share them with a QR-code
* Blow up walls and add smoke (these affect LoS)
* Measure LoS quickly.

Some testers like to use it in case the physical measurements are hard to interpret. I will propably also add a range measurement. That requires adding a pathfinding system.

What else do you think the app needs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.