Hide
5 Posts

War of the Ring: Lords of Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mustering Elrond or Galadriel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Harding
msg tools
Quick question about bringing these lords in to play.
The rules state that the region (Rivendell or Lorien) must be unconquered in order to use a muster die to bring the relevant Lord in to play.
What if the Stronghold is under siege?
Does a Stronghold under siege equate to a conquered region or does the fact that the region is not under the control of the Shadow Player yet mean that the Elven Character can indeed be added to play given the required die is available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A stronghold under siege is unconquered, so you could still muster Elrond or Galadriel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim is correct. A FP stronghold under siege by the Shadow is still unconquered; though it not a free region for the FP, and it IS a free region for the Shadow (so you can use Gothmog's ability, for instance, to strengthen the besieging army).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harding
msg tools
Thanks both. This is what I assumed, thanks for the confirmation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Subs
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a point on this that's maybe worth noting, I had a game where Lorien was conquered very quickly and I did not get a chance to get Galadriel mustered. Later in the game however, Rohan recaptured Lorien and so I was able to Muster Galadriel. Thematically, maybe Galadriel was in hiding during the first siege then after liberation showed herself. The same would also apply to other situations like Saruman or Gothmog, so if Orthanc or Minas Morgul were conquered then later recaptured by the Shadow, if Saruman or Gothmog had never been in play he could be brought out at that point. Note that the Balrog is a special case - you can muster him *even* if Moria is currently conquered! However, you do not get his accompanying unit in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.