Hide
5 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: My box only says The Others. It doesn’t have 7 sins listed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt K
msg tools
I just got this game from for Christmas from Amazon and noticed that my box art is different than the product page. It only has the title: The Others. It doesn’t say The Others: 7 sins. Is this an old version of the game? Is there any difference with the new version? Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the physical copies say 7 Sins on the box.

The image you see online with “7 Sins” on the art comes from the original Kickstarter campaign.

I suspect they removed it from the box art and official game name because, during that campaign, so many people complained that the box only included two sins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

The image you see online with “7 Sins” on the art comes from the original Kickstarter campaign.

I suspect they removed it from the box art and official game name because, during that campaign, so many people complained that the box only included two sins.

I could see how people could be choked about it not including all the sins. I have the KS edition and buddies are still shocked it doesn't include all 7 in base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember complaining a lot to my friends over here when the kickstarter was launched, how daring were they for calling it "7 sins" and only having 2 sins in the box. Looks like more people complained to the right people and then it was removed from the official name of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

I could see how people could be choked about it not including all the sins. I have the KS edition and buddies are still shocked it doesn't include all 7 in base box.

Even the KS box doesn't say 7 sins any more - but the KS was quite a ride when people thought we wouldn't even get all 7 sins..

That being said I understand why CMON did what they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.