3 Posts

Dixie: Gettysburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat Hit Distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Schultz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unified Rules point out that all cards must get one hit before any receives a second hit - section 7.3.

Does this distribution requirement hold true for further hits? For example, do all cards get a second hit before any gets a third hit, and so on?

Any help or insight appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the answer. I'm tempted to say yes, though there's one wrinkle:

"Hits scored are not resolved until the next enemy Morale phase, except if a card takes more hits than its CV (1CV card with 2 hits) it is eliminated immediately."

So, if you insist on even allocation of hits, you could end up destroying lower strength units outright. You might take a moderate approach that hits have to be evenly allocated unless that hit would cause the unit to be destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Schultz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Columbia games and got this answer to my rules question:

Q: The Unified Rules point out that all cards must get one hit before any receives a second hit - section 7.3. Does this distribution requirement hold true for further hits? For example, do all cards get a second hit before any gets a third hit, and so on?

A: Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.