Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay, as I'm reading it, if you fail a location you place a Dalek. This Dalek will exterminate (force you to remove) one of you dice if you try to resolve this location again. The Dalek also acts as a count down timer adding one each time you fail, saving Davros for last. Once Davros has been placed the next fail will end the game. Correct?

Question, do the Daleks ever get removed, or do you get exactly 7 fails before the game ends? If they can't be removed then I take it neither can the location they are on?

If all the above is correct, could this not be a way to make the game shorter and harder by simply placing a Dalek on a location at the start of the game? Although I don't at this point know why you would want to make it harder.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right every time you clear a dilemma you remove a dalek. If all dilemmas are completed all daleks are cleared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
If I remember right every time you clear a dilemma you remove a dalek. If all dilemmas are completed all daleks are cleared.

You are right, page 16 under SUCCESS. "Remove one Dalek marker from this location (if there are any to remove). If they are on Earth, they only remove a Dalek Marker if it is in their Time Zone."

Sorry, this rule book is proving to be a little hard for me to absorb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the bits that address the adding and removing Dalek minis (marker).

Success (p16)
3. Remove one Dalek marker from this Location (if there are any to remove). If they are on Earth, they only remove a Dalek marker if it is in their Time Zone.

Failure (p16)
2. Add one Dalek marker on this Location. If they are on Earth, place the Dalek marker in their Time Zone.

Exterminate Dice (p13)
After discarding down to eight dice, The Doctor must
Exterminate (discard) a further die for each Dalek
marker at the Doctor’s current Location (regardless of
which Time Zone the Dalek marker is in).

As an exception to this, if The Doctor is on Earth,
only Daleks in the same Time Zone as The Doctor
Exterminate dice from his Dice Pool

I missed this rule about doing this from either side of the Time Zone the first time I played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:

Sorry, this rule book is proving to be a little hard for me to absorb.

I have this problem with most rulebooks lately. Grabbing a few good tutorial videos on Youtube etc help me loads. Otherwise I just sit there like a dumb fool reading the same few paragraphs over and over. It must work well with my learning style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rodger
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I missed a bunch of stuff on the first play through. Something about GF9's manuals and my brain don't quite mix.

I will also point out that there are some locations who reward success by removing additional daleks. Earth Future I think is one, which is helpful if there's a location you want to use but a Dalek is making it too hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ruland
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if "removing a Dalek" puts it back in the pool and can be placed on a location later in the game, or is it removed from the game completely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristan Johnson
msg tools
kruland wrote:
Does anyone know if "removing a Dalek" puts it back in the pool and can be placed on a location later in the game, or is it removed from the game completely?

Well the Daleks are invading in hordes, any of those figures represents them swarming, not necessarily your individual Dalek Jast or Dalek Sec. Discard until you need to place one again. The danger that having too many Daleks on the board is a danger that can reoccur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristan Johnson
msg tools
This topic has circled close around something that I've wondered about. What if you solve all the dilemmas in a time zone, yet still have a dalek marker remaining? I know there are a couple of rare Timey Wimey cards, and reward effects, that enable the players to remove a dalek marker from any location in time and space.

I wonder if the players are stuck with those Dalek markers and have to rely on the rare and more powerful effects to get rid of them? Or is it something that can be house-ruled, where a location with a Dalek marker can be given a new dilemma to solve if a player travels there, trying to get rid of that remaining Dalek marker? Or does the game balance support leaving the location in play with the Dalek marker, according to a more strict interpretation of the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria S
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kris361 wrote:
I wonder if the players are stuck with those Dalek markers and have to rely on the rare and more powerful effects to get rid of them? Or is it something that can be house-ruled, where a location with a Dalek marker can be given a new dilemma to solve if a player travels there, trying to get rid of that remaining Dalek marker? Or does the game balance support leaving the location in play with the Dalek marker, according to a more strict interpretation of the rules?

On Earth Future the reward is a choice of "Remove one Dalek token OR Move the Dalek ship back two squares." Our understanding was that the Dalek could be removed from any location, however that can become very hard to do when your dice pool is down to six or less. Earth is always an option as the attempted dilemma's are replaced after each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.